corner corner The Serpent's Shadow (Elemental Masters, Book 1)

The Serpent's Shadow (Elemental Masters, Book 1)
by Mercedes Lackey | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by affinity4books of Bryan, Texas USA on 9/6/2008

status (set by Abi-Gibby): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by affinity4books from Bryan, Texas USA on Saturday, September 06, 2008

Historial romance with magic thrown in! I loved the Edwardian London setting, medical subplots and the heroine's magical pets. I plan to read the rest of the series soon.

Journal Entry 2 by affinity4books at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, September 08, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/8/2008 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

going into Loriped's paranormal/vampire romance box

Journal Entry 3 by wingjaenellewing from Orlando, Florida USA on Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm keeping this one out of Lori's Paranormal Romance Box.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjaenellewing from Orlando, Florida USA on Sunday, July 26, 2009

Off on a RABCK journey.

Journal Entry 5 by Neuilly from Brooklyn, New York USA on Thursday, August 20, 2009

How exciting to get this in the mail!! I think this is what I really need right now. I've been searching for a good take off a classic fairytale to read - and I've been reading a lot of books involving India recently - so this is right up my alley!

Thank you so much for sending this to me. I'm in the middle of two books right now but I'm placing this on top of my TBR pile. Maybe it will give me an incentive to finish these two up even faster :)

ETA: Looks like I forgot to update when I read this!! I really love reading different interpretations of fairytales so this one was very intriguing. I liked seeing how the different elements of the original tale were weaved into this era and topic. I do admit though that at times I felt the feminism message was severely heavy-handed. I like my women strong and independent but the thought process just seemed a bit too self-aware and not reflective of the actual thoughts of the time. I did get sucked in by the end though, and I especially love the many "pets".

Journal Entry 6 by Crossing-Guard from Langdon, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Just got this as a RABCK. Thank you so much! I have one book to finish up and then I will read this one.

Journal Entry 7 by Crossing-Guard from Langdon, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I enjoyed this book a lot. Thank you so much for sharing. The only thing that I didn't like was bits of the ending. I felt the it was a touch too convenient (such as women and foreigners being allowed into the club even though I felt they didn't do too much to prove themselves, not that they didn't deserve to be involved earlier). Other that it was a great read and I can't wait to read the other's in the series.

I was passed this book under the condition that I read it and passed it on to someone else. I checked and the two people who have this on their wishlists are no longer active members. To ensure that this gets read sooner rather than later I will pass this along at our January book club meeting as I know there are some other Lackey fans there.

Journal Entry 8 by Crossing-Guard at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 07, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (5/7/2010 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

It's time for this book to continue its journey. I hope the next reader enjoys this as much as I did.

Please be kind to the enviroment and try to reuse the envelope.

Journal Entry 9 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sorry, I got this a couple of days ago but work has been crazy so I haven't been home much to journal it. The one time I tried, the site was down for maintenance.

Anyway, thanks very much for sending the book; I'm sure I'll enjoy it and once I'm done with it I'll try to find someone else to share it with.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 10088976 10449249 12219535

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, December 31, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (12/31/2010 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

I've enjoyed all the books in this series I've read, and this one in particular. I'm sending it off to see the world via laevina's Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Horror bookbox in hopes that it will find another reader that way.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 11 by Izzy5000 at Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Monday, March 21, 2011

Taken from laevina's Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror Bookbox! I'll read it and pass it on!

Journal Entry 12 by Izzy5000 at Kansas City, Missouri USA on Thursday, April 07, 2016

I enjoyed the author's style and use of animals in this, but I found that the author left nothing to guess and gave away the plot. I also found the end a little stereotypical.

Journal Entry 13 by Izzy5000 at Kansas City, Missouri USA on Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/26/2016 UTC) at Kansas City, Missouri USA

Sending to the winner of the Export an Animal Sweeps!

Journal Entry 14 by Abi-Gibby at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Arrived in Cornwall safely today

Journal Entry 15 by Abi-Gibby at Somewhere Around The Estate in Cremyll, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (5/25/2016 UTC) at Somewhere Around The Estate in Cremyll, Cornwall United Kingdom

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!