corner corner Understanding Physics: The Electron, Proton, and Neutron

Understanding Physics: The Electron, Proton, and Neutron
by Isaac Asimov | Science
Registered by wingFiregirlwing of Annandale, Virginia USA on 10/25/2008

status (set by nicolesinger): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"By the famed science writer -- a volume from the fascinating series designed for students and laymen alike."

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Monday, March 23, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/23/2009 UTC) at Mesa, Arizona USA

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES: Sending to nicolesinger in North Carolina in trade for erotica books for my OBCZ. Happy reading and thanks for the swap!

Journal Entry 3 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Monday, March 30, 2009

Thanks, firegirl!

This will go on our homeschool bookshelf for my older son, who has mentioned several times that he's interested in physics. Eventually, we'll find them another interested reader.

(The postcard is gorgeous, by the way. Thank you again!)

Journal Entry 4 by nicolesinger at Newport, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

This is volume III of III. I tried to read volume II and have officially given up on them. They're well-written and it's easy to understand the concepts as Asimov breaks them down, but ultimately I wasn't quite interested enough to keep plugging away at it. My son has decided he's no longer interested in physics (teenagers! lol) but I think I'll keep them around a little bit longer, as references if nothing else.

You never know - my younger son will be a homeschooled sophomore this year, and he may decide he wants to give them a whirl. Eventually I'll try to pass them along to more homeschoolers.

Thanks for the chance to take a crack at them, even though I wasn't quite up to the challenge!