corner corner Bedford Boys, The

Bedford Boys, The
by Alex Kershaw | Nonfiction
Registered by Watchcat of Somewhere in the Swamps, New Jersey USA on Thursday, April 17, 2003

status (set by bunzrun):

Journal Entry 1 by Watchcat from Somewhere in the Swamps, New Jersey USA on Thursday, April 17, 2003

Subtitle: One American Town's Ultimate D-Day Sacrifice.
It's the story of 21 boys from Bedford, Virginia (pop. 3,000), who died in Normandy--19 of them in the first few minutes of the Omaha Beach landing. It's also the story of a town in mourning.
Click on amazon.com for more info.

This is a copy of the uncorrected proofs.

Journal Entry 2 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 26, 2003

Thank you very much for sending this. I am probably not going to read it myself, but my dad and my husband will both enjoy the book tremendously. So kind of you to send it to Virginia!

Journal Entry 3 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Monday, May 26, 2003

This book was read by my father. He said it was hard to get into at first but after a while it became a very interesting read. He has been to the Bedford Memorial so it was very appropriate for him to read the book.

Journal Entry 4 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Monday, May 26, 2003

Since this book is about a county in Virginia I thought it's destiny was for it to be enjoyed by Virginia residents. I am not close enough to Bedford County to release the book there. So I am going to start a bookray for the book to keep it within the state. If you are a Virginia resident and would like to join let me know! I hope to get this book to the Bedford Memorial by way of several other bookcrossers first!

The Virginia bookray members are as follows:

skcreader (Roanoke, Virginia)
bunzrun (Wirtz, Virginia)
summermarie (Covington, Virginia)

Journal Entry 5 by pgsahm at on Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Released on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at Bookcrosser's home in postal release, postal release USA.

Mailed today to skcreader to start the Virginia bookray. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Thursday, May 29, 2003

received today - thanks for starting this bookray!

Journal Entry 7 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2003

well researched history that is surprisely readable - passing on to bunzrun

Journal Entry 8 by bunzrun from Wirtz, Virginia USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Living in the next county over from Bedford, I am very interested in reading this book. Thank you for finding this book and letting it travel through Virginia on its way to the Bedford War Memorial.