corner corner Absolute Fear

Absolute Fear
by Lisa Jackson | Nonfiction
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

status (set by DitteL): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A serial killer is stalking the streets of New Orleans. The victims are killed in a ritual fashion, a series of numbers tattooed into their bodies. There are no clues, no connection except one: a crumbling old asylum that was once the scene of unspeakable madness--and is now the calling card of a new kind of fear. Eve Renner knows Out Lady of Virtues Hospital well. As the daughter of one of its doctors, she spent her childhood exploring its secret chambers, hidden rooms, and forbidden passageways. Now, somewhere in the decaying asylum lies the key to a betrayal from the past whose echoes are being felt with a vengeance--a crime beyond imagining that seems to lead to Eve herself.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm going to send this out as a ray.

Rules: Not many. Please journal the book's arrival and departure. And please keep it moving by keeping it no longer than 4 weeks. The last person is free to release the book as they wish.

1. fungirl503 - US
2. redhot-brat - US (Intl)
3. Bookworm-lady - Spain (Europe)
4. Plum-crazy - UK (Europe/Intl)

Beginning its journey on September 2nd. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 3 by fungirl503 from Portland, Oregon USA on Saturday, September 06, 2008

the book came today, what a nice time for the book to come, since I was going out of the door to attend a service for a dear friend's father who passed on.
I am almost done with a book I am reading and then i will hop right into this one. Looks really good to read, can't wait to sink my teeth into lol....Thanks for letting me part of this book ray :)

Journal Entry 4 by fungirl503 from Portland, Oregon USA on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

well i am almost half way through the book and i am really getting into the story. I find out there is a book that comes before this one that I have on my bookshelf so i will have to read the back book next to see what I missed out. But so far it is easy to follow and I think I might have solved most of it. well see if I am right when I finished the book. Thankyou again :)

Journal Entry 5 by fungirl503 from Portland, Oregon USA on Sunday, September 14, 2008

great story, the book keep moving along. Now I am off to Pm the next person for their address. I will mail this book hopefully on monday

Journal Entry 6 by fungirl503 at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Oregon USA on Sunday, September 14, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (9/15/2008 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Oregon USA

going to the next person redhot-brat

Journal Entry 7 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This has arrived safely with me. I will be starting it soon. Thanks for sharing it.

Journal Entry 8 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Thursday, September 25, 2008

LOL - It's been 2 days since this book arrived and I finished it already. Needless to say I couldn't put it down. Awesome read , as are most Jackson's books. Thanks so much for sharing it with me LauraLoo. Sending it onto the next person in line as soon as I double check the address I have for them is still accurate, as it's been quite awhile since I used it last.

Journal Entry 9 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Dropped this in the mail this afternoon on my way home from work. :D

Journal Entry 10 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This was waiting for me last evening when I arrived home.
Such great reviews, I am looking forward to reading it!
Thanks for sharing!
Eva

Journal Entry 11 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, December 22, 2008

I started reading this one last evening...
I will let Plum-crazy know...
Merry Christmas!

Journal Entry 12 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, January 01, 2009

Well... not great, but even if it is too long, I confess I couldn't put it down.
Ms Jackson continues with her technique of adoptive children, stepfathers and mothers, half-brothers and sisters; sometimes it gets a bit confusing, as everybody seems to be related to everyone else. Moreoever, she keeps mentioning other of her previous novels where the characters appear.
Anyway, thanks for sharing; it made an entertaining read during this holidays, and will be on its way to Plum-crazy soon enough!
Happy New Year!
Eva

Journal Entry 13 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 08, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/8/2009 UTC) at Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent this evening to Plum-crazy, in England.
Another Lisa Jackson goes your way!
Enjoy!
Eva

Journal Entry 14 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 16, 2009

Received with thanks from Bookworm-lady. Hope to start it in the next week or two.

Journal Entry 15 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mmmm....I pretty much agree with Bookworm-lady on this one - still, I kept reading & didn't think of giving up even though I have to confess I found myself skimming through some parts.

Oh, & I worked out very early on what the tattooed numbers were about!

I will certainly read others by this author, if only to see if they follow this same well-tested formula :o)

As it looks like I'm the end of the ray I'll try & keep the book moving by forwarding to another BCer in the near future.

Thanks lauraloo29- no doubt I'll be breaking my pledge not to sign up for bookrings in 2009 the next time I see one of yours in the forums - you pick good 'uns!

2009 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE

Journal Entry 16 by wingPlum-crazywing at By mail, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (5/27/2009 UTC) at By mail, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to the winner of the International Smile Day Sweepstake...hope they enjoy it!

Released as part of the 2009 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE
the 2009 KEEP THEM MOVING CHALLENGE (#17)
& the 2009 RABCK RELEASE CHALLENGE (#28)
think that's got everything covered :o)

Journal Entry 17 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Friday, June 05, 2009

Thank you very much. This looks like one of those books that I'll enjoy on a rainy night sitting in my favourite chair under a blanket and drinking a cup of tea.

Journal Entry 18 by DitteL at Herlev bibliotek - bogbyttedag in Herlev, København Amt Denmark on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Released 4 mos ago (3/16/2014 UTC) at Herlev bibliotek - bogbyttedag in Herlev, København Amt Denmark

As my family has grown and I know longer have the time or space for as many books as I used to, this lovely book is continuing its journey. Hopefully, it will find a new owner who will have the time to enjoy it.
Safe journey little book