corner corner Veronika Decides to Die

Veronika Decides to Die
by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction
Registered by fushmush of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

status (set by Fluffy-Owl): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by fushmush from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The new novel from internationally acclaimed author Paulo Coelho -- a dramatic story of love, life and death that shows us all why every second of our existence is a choice we all make between living and dying. Veronika has everything she could wish for. She is young and pretty, has plenty of boyfriends, a steady job, a loving family. Yet she is not happy; something is lacking in her life, and one morning she decides to die. She takes an overdose of sleeping pills, only to wake up some time later in the local hospital. There she is told that her heart is damaged and she has only a few days to live. The story follows Veronika through these intense days as to her surprise she finds herself experiencing feelings she has never really felt before. Against all odds she finds herself falling in love and even wanting to live again...

Journal Entry 2 by fushmush from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meh! I'm so unenthused by Coehlo's bleedingly obvious moral messages. Live your life to the fullest, be true to yourself, don't be afraid of challenges, blah blah blah. Not really a fan. Luckily this was a thin novel so I was able to tick this 1001 book off the list quite easily.

Offering as a Bookray.

Participants:
daisyflower123 (Europe preferred)
DitteL (Europe preferred)
Dutch-book
jellyfish67
Caroley (UK preferred)
Fluffy-Owl (UK preferred)
mazzlestar (UK preferred, near the end)
Wigglywoods (UK, International)
Freepages (Aus, Aus only)
davemurray101 (Aus, International)
Tinina67 (Aus, International)

Journal Entry 3 by fushmush at sent to the the next bookcrosser, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 20, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (11/20/2008 UTC) at sent to the the next bookcrosser, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent to the first person on the list.

Journal Entry 4 by daisyflower123 from Edewecht, Niedersachsen Germany on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I just couldn't get myself to read this book at the moment. That's why I send it on to the next person in the ring.

Journal Entry 5 by daisyflower123 at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, December 18, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (12/17/2008 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

On its way to DitteL.

Journal Entry 6 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Saturday, December 27, 2008

Arrived in the mail today. I've enjoyed the other books I've read by the author so hopefully I won't be disappointed with this one.

I just have to finish my current read and then I'll start reading this one.

Thanks for sending it to me daisyflower123 and thanks for sharing fushmush

Journal Entry 7 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Sunday, January 04, 2009

Okay... apparently you can get to much of a good thing. As mentioned before I've really enjoyed the other books I've read by Coelho, but this one I didn't really connect with. It reminded me of 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' by Ken Kesey (of course without the humour and the wonderful world of the truely mad) and Plato's 'The Allegory of the Cave'. An odd combination which IMO doesn't work.

I've already got the address for the next reader and will post the book tomorrow

Journal Entry 8 by DitteL at Frederiksberg, København Amt Denmark on Sunday, January 04, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/5/2009 UTC) at Frederiksberg, København Amt Denmark

On its way to its next reader. Happy reading :0)

Journal Entry 9 by wingdutch-bookwing from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, January 10, 2009

Book has found it's way to my house. Hoping it won't disappoint me as much as it did to the others.

Journal Entry 10 by wingdutch-bookwing from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have read the book. It was interesting, but wasn't really eager to keep reading. By that, I mean that I di'dn't long for the book whenever I wasn't reading it.
I already have the adress from the next person, so book will travel soon.

Journal Entry 11 by wingdutch-bookwing at Abcoude, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, March 06, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/6/2009 UTC) at Abcoude, Utrecht Netherlands

Sent off to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 12 by jellyfish67 from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 19, 2009

Arrived safely yesterday.

Journal Entry 13 by jellyfish67 at Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (11/20/2012 UTC) at Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom

Now on its way to fluffy owl, enjoy. Sorry for the wait

Journal Entry 14 by Fluffy-Owl at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Received in the post today, thank you for sending. Have just started another book, but this is next on the list.

Journal Entry 15 by Fluffy-Owl at Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, December 31, 2012

I enjoyed this, but it didn't really live up to the hype. Not sure I'll read anything else by this author.

I couldn't find an option on the profile of the person after me to send them a PM, so I have missed them out and contacted the next person. Will post as soon as I have an address.

Journal Entry 16 by Fluffy-Owl at Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, January 21, 2013

Still no replies to multiple PMs so am going to try contacting the next person on the list.