corner corner Phoenix (New Blood)

Phoenix (New Blood)
by John Connor | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

status (set by chocolatechick): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The 8th April 1996 was a bad day for Karen Sharpe, the eighth anniversary of something so deeply buried she had hoped to forget it ever happened. Each year, she tries to cope in whatever way she can. Most years she turns to booze. But, this year that wasn't going to work. Sometime after midnight Phil Leech, her DS and partner, is executed in a military style killing, whilst Fiona Mitchell, his pretty 21-year-old informant, ends up on a South Pennine moor with bullets through her face and chest.

Karen had been due to meet both when drink and memories intervened, preventing her from getting there. As the investigation begins, odd details keep forcing Karen to examine her own unclear memories. As she follows her instincts, and some very disturbing clues embedded in her own secret history, she must confront her past and act quickly if she is to prevent the seed of destruction planted eight years before from wreaking devastating and brutal consequences.

Ex-library book
NB Different cover to the one shown....cover is bright blue so is reserved for the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE CHALLENGE! - hope the lucky finder will confirm this fact for me! :o)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 01, 2008

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I think I should have mainly because I tended to read it on a night while tired, & as a result, I got a bit confused with the relationships & connections between various characters!

What I did like about it though was the fact that it was set around Bradford/Halifax....my home ground....so I recognised alot of the places.

A good read with a strong female lead who isn't your usual type of "heroine". I found it a little complicated but I think that was my lack of concentarion rather than the book :o)

This will be wild released shortly as part of 2 release Challenges.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Latte Heaven on Church Street in Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 04, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (9/13/2008 UTC) at Latte Heaven on Church Street in Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom

SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE CHALLENGE (#12)
YOU'RE SUCH AN ANIMAL CHALLENGE (#11)

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

Please take a minute to make a quick journal entry to say how you got this book.

Maybe you found it, maybe someone passed it onto you or maybe it found it's way to a charity shop & you bought it....however it came to you, we'd love to know!

Once you've read it you can come back & tell us what you thought of it - & don't forget it won't cost you anything & your privacy is guaranteed.

If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, would you consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by chocolatechick from Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 28, 2008

picked up in Late Heaven

Journal Entry 5 by chocolatechick from Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 20, 2008

difficult to get into but Ok

Journal Entry 6 by chocolatechick at Tesco Express in Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 20, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (12/20/2008 UTC) at Tesco Express in Dunstable, Bedfordshire United Kingdom

I'll pop this in with the special offers