corner corner The Cat Who Dropped a Bombshell (Cat Who...)

The Cat Who Dropped a Bombshell (Cat Who...)
by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by benuathanasia of Cromwell, Connecticut USA on 8/26/2008

status (set by -solaria-): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by benuathanasia from Cromwell, Connecticut USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Loved it!

Journal Entry 2 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Thanks again, benuathanasia. These two book have really made my day!!

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, September 28, 2008

I don't think this book has sold the series to me. I loved Koko and Yum Yum and their slightly eccentric owner, but it felt like the book dwelled forever on the happenings in the little town of Pickaxe. When I arrived at page 130 and still almost nothing had happened, I was becomming a bit annoyed. Though I still liked it and I'll try the second book you gave me benuathanasia

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at by Post, A surprise for another bookcrosser! -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/30/2008 UTC) at by Post, A surprise for another bookcrosser! -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way as an HGG RABCK. I saw you posted your wishes and that I could comply with one of them. I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by Chania from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, October 04, 2008

Thank you, Moriquen! What a lovely gift, I really enjoy the series and I am sure I will love this too - and after reading it, I know some Finnish postcrossers who will like it too! :)

Journal Entry 6 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, February 14, 2011

Hmmm - I think other books in this series are much better. Really, it seemed that nothing happened in this, and it didn't even have that much humour than the other parts. This really felt like a "filler", like the writer just had to publish another book right now without much to say.
But of course I am glad I read it, I want to read every book in the series.

Journal Entry 7 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sending this to AspenYard now.

Journal Entry 8 by AspenYard at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, February 26, 2011

I've just recently found this The Cat Who series, and because I've liked eg. the book of Danish Modern, I'm a bit enthusiastic to read more of Qwilleran's and Koko's adventures. Thank you chania for sending this one to me!!

Journal Entry 9 by AspenYard at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I was about to put this to avl shelf, and became a bit surprised that I haven't journalled this earlier, as I feel I've read this. But just checked my diary of read books, and there was another Qwilleran story. This seems quite fast read, let's see. But sooner or later this book will anyway continue its travels.

Edit: Nice book again, although the story did not carry me quite to the end in the same inspired mode from where I started. There was still some kind of irritating feeling that I knew the story already, but despite that I did not quite remember anything of it - normaly the first phrases of the book directly generate the flashbacks. But well, now Koko and Yum Yum hopefully will soon find new fans.

Journal Entry 10 by Cinnamon234 at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I found the book in BC-meetup in Turku. I am not familiar with this series but I am interested in reading the book.

Journal Entry 11 by Cinnamon234 at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, July 18, 2016

I actually read this book quite some time ago. I did like it but I really would have needed to write my journal entry when I finished the book.

I like cats and mysteries and that is what was in in the book. Quite nice read.

Journal Entry 12 by Cinnamon234 at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, July 18, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/18/2016 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

I will take this in this evening's BC-meet-up but if no-one takes this I will release it later in some other location.

Journal Entry 13 by -solaria- at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I took the book, thank you! I have never heard of these "Cat Who" books, so I'm curious.

Journal Entry 14 by -solaria- at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, December 12, 2016

It was okay to read, although - like others said - there wasn't much happening in the first half of the book. I liked the names in the story - Qwillerian, Pickaxe, Yum Yum etc. :-)

Journal Entry 15 by -solaria- at Turun tuomiokirkko / Turku Cathedral in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, December 17, 2016

Released 12 mos ago (12/17/2016 UTC) at Turun tuomiokirkko / Turku Cathedral in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

The book was released and put on a branch of the big Christmas tree by the cathedral, with a bunch of other books. Happy holidays for the reader!