corner corner Brother Odd

Brother Odd
by Dean Koontz | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by freelunch of Cairns, Queensland Australia on 8/25/2008

status (set by freelunch): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, August 25, 2008

St. Bartholomew's Abbey sits in majestic solitude amid the wild peaks of California's high Sierra, a haven for children otherwise abandoned, and a sanctuary for those seeking insight. Odd Thomas has come here to learn to live fully again, and among the eccentric monks, their other guests, and the nuns and young students of the attached convent school, he has begun to find his way. The silent spirits of the dead who visited him in his earlier life are mercifully absent, save for the bell-ringing Brother Constantine and Odd's steady companion, the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

But trouble has a way of finding Odd Thomas, and it slinks back onto his path in the form of the sinister bodachs he has met previously, the black shades who herald death and disaster, and who come late one December night to hover above the abbey's most precious charges. For Odd is about to face an enemy who eclipses any he has yet encountered, as he embarks on a journey of mystery, wonder, and sheer suspense that surpasses all that has come before.

Journal Entry 2 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Thursday, March 18, 2010

I enjoyed the first two Odd Thomas books but I've been trudging through this one for a week now and it occurred to me today that I don't care what happens in the story, I'm reading just to finish the book. As that's not a good use of my time I'm giving up on it.

Journal Entry 3 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Friday, March 19, 2010

released to the COT Bookcrossing Zone