corner corner The Gargoyle

by Andrew Davidson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingcanongatebookswing on 8/25/2008

status (set by NMReader): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingcanongatebookswing on Monday, August 25, 2008

Sent to soffitta1 for a Canongate Books giveaway.

Journal Entry 2 by wingsoffitta1wing from Dovercourt, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, August 28, 2008

Arrived this morning, thanks!

There is an online reading group on the book's official website, check it out at: http://www.the-gargoyle.co.uk/

The narrator is in a horrendous car accident and suffers major burns. While in hospital, he meets psychiatric patient, Marianne who claims to have known him for the last 700 years. A veritable Scheherazade, she tells him their story, as well as other love stories. Love, gothic romance, gruesome descriptions of treating a burns victim, the process of writing books in the 14th Century. Descriptive, captivating book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingsoffitta1wing from Dovercourt, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Going to turn into a bookray, try to read and pass on the book in a month. As it is a hardback, some people may use surface mail, so post here when you mail the book.

order to be confirmed, hoping to get more entries.
Vekiki (UK)
lucy-lemon (UK / send within Europe)
Safrolistics (UK / Europe)
mucker28 (UK / int'l) skipped.
molekilby(UK / int'l)
Scribacchina (Portugal / int'l)
lady-anglophile (Kuwait / int'l)
spoiledrotten (US)
Grannyann (US)
NMReader (US - needs to be near the end)

Book is with it's final reader, thanks to all for taking part.

Journal Entry 4 by wingVekikiwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Recieved yesterday - looks very interesting, Is next in my TBR list - thanks :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingVekikiwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 15, 2008

I really really enjoyed this book - a great romance, without being too chick-lit and girly, excellent historical elements too. Really engaging read. had me totally gripped from the outset. Its really good to find something this easy to reaed that isnt completely intellectually devoid! I'm even going to buy a copy of this for my permenant collection once it comes out in paperback.

I really hope the next person enjoys it as much as I did, planning to post it on in the next few days

Journal Entry 6 by wingVekikiwing at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, November 23, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (11/22/2008 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Posted out to the next person in the ring

Journal Entry 7 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Arrived safely today. Thank you so much, I've been wanting to read this for a while now.

29.12.08

Finished this just before Christmas, and I absolutely loved it! It took me a while to get into the story, but once I did I couldn't put it down. Amazing. I'm now going to be looking out for a copy of my own :-) Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, January 16, 2009

Oops, forgot to say I sent this about a week ago!

Journal Entry 9 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I'm sorry this has taken me so long to journal, recieved ages ago, but have had no internet connection. Will defo read next on my list.

Journal Entry 10 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wow, what a fantastic book. It had everything. I found the description of his burns and treatment truely horrific, I laughed out loud, and also shed a tear or two at the wonderful love story. How very apt that I found myself reading this over the Valentine's weekend!
In fact I loved this book so much, I'm off to buy another copy to give to a friend.

Tried to pm mucher28 who's next on the list, but having no joy, so this should be off to my mate molekilby in a day or two.
Thanks for sharing this book soffitta1, can't wait to see what the author Andrew Davidson comes up with next!

Journal Entry 11 by Safrolistics at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 05, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (3/5/2009 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Being sent on to the next on the list. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 12 by molekilby from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, March 13, 2009

This has been languishing at the Post Office to be collected. Thanks to soffita1 for sharing and safrolistics for sending. Looking forward to reading this book as I've heard so many good things about it.

Journal Entry 13 by molekilby from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, March 28, 2009

An excellent read. I enjoyed reading this and how all the different stories intertwined. Definetly one I'll recommend.

Journal Entry 14 by molekilby at Royal Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 04, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/1/2009 UTC) at Royal Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sorry for the delay on this real life has made it's presence felt.

Enjoy.

Journal Entry 15 by Scribacchina from Udine, Friuli Venezia Giulia Italy on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Gargoyle is safely back in Coimbra! Thanks to soffitta1 and molekilby for sharing.

Journal Entry 16 by Scribacchina from Udine, Friuli Venezia Giulia Italy on Monday, May 25, 2009

Just finished it and loved it! Between the moment I signed up for this ring and the moment the bok arrived, I read an awful review and almost decided not to read it. Luckily I tried, all the same, because it's a wonder of storytelling! I'll keep it some more days to pen a review and then ship it to mrbaggins.

Journal Entry 17 by Scribacchina at to another bookcrosser, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 06, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (6/6/2009 UTC) at to another bookcrosser, by mail -- Controlled Releases

I am a bit late in writing this release note, the book has been sent a couple of days ago. It is travelling by surface mail. MrBaggins asked to be skipped (he has read the book already) and so The Gargoyle is making its way to Lady Anglophile in Kuwait. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 18 by norafrvr from Kuwait, Kuwait Kuwait on Sunday, June 21, 2009

Arrived safe and sound. Cant wait to read it :-)

Journal Entry 19 by norafrvr from Kuwait, Kuwait Kuwait on Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sorry for the delay in journaling this book but it's on its way now to "spoiledrotten" Enjoy!

Journal Entry 20 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Arrived safely today in NJ, USA. It will be the next book I read as soon as I am done with my current book. Thanks so much for including me and sending it on.

P.S. I plan on giving the stamps from the package to my 5 year old grandson's "continent box" that he has in school! Thanks!!!

Journal Entry 21 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Friday, October 09, 2009

I really enjoyed this story, it had a little bit of everything. Thanks so much for including me and sending all the way from Kuwait!!!

Journal Entry 22 by spoiledrotten at West Henrietta, New York USA on Friday, October 09, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/9/2009 UTC) at West Henrietta, New York USA

Sent off this afternoon to Grannyann to continue on its journey

Journal Entry 23 by GrannyAnn from West Henrietta, New York USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Received today. Can't wait to get started! I have to finish one and then on to The Gargoyle. Thanks for sharing, sofitta1. And for getting it to me, spoiledrotten.

Journal Entry 24 by GrannyAnn from West Henrietta, New York USA on Thursday, November 12, 2009

I enjoyed this book. The descriptions of burns and burn recovery were very graphic but necessary to the story. I loved the "time travel" aspect as well.

Thanks for sharing.

I have NMReader's address and I'll mail it out on Sat.

Thanks again.

Journal Entry 25 by GrannyAnn at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New York USA on Thursday, November 12, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/14/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New York USA

On to NM Reader! Enjoy.

DC # 03091830000099522610

Journal Entry 26 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It has arrived with a whole slew of other books

Journal Entry 27 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (11/9/2014 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA