corner corner Girl with a Pearl Earring

Girl with a Pearl Earring
by Tracy Chevalier | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Centreville, Virginia USA on 8/24/2008

status (set by notathsu): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 24, 2008

Picked up at The Book Thing in Baltimore, Maryland.

Unfortunately, I don't have any strong feelings about this book. It was passably interesting, and I thought Griet was a fairly well-developed (if slightly tragic) character, but the plot itself was not exactly gripping. It would probably appeal to someone with a lust for historical fiction of this era. Me, I'm just glad this was the version with the painting on the front cover rather than the picture from the movie. I often turned back to look, comparing the descriptions in the narrative to the original artwork. It certainly made me see things in the image I never had before.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing at 4100 Monument Corner Dr in Fairfax, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 28, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/27/2008 UTC) at 4100 Monument Corner Dr in Fairfax, Virginia USA

Left in the stairwell. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by notathsu from Winchester, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 28, 2008

I found the book on a rainy Saturday heading to work at the shop in Washington DC. I was walking down the stairwell of the Metro station on my way to the train. I thought, oh that's sad, someone lost the book they were reading. I knew the book was notable, and seeing that I was almost done with my current book, I came in for a closer look. I noticed the pink post it stating that it is a free travelling book, I decided to take "Girl with a Pearl Earring" with me. My boyfriend will be visiting the East Coast in about a month, by then I will have finished it, and then I'll send it along with him to the West Coast, to California. What he does with it is up to him.