corner corner Charlotte's Web

by E B White | Children's Books
Registered by yokaye on 8/23/2008

status (set by rem_KQI-811293): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by yokaye on Saturday, August 23, 2008

Reserved for Newbery Rings... will give a more detailed review later. I will say that my kids and I *LOVE* this book!

This ring will be a short one...
hyphen8
spacedog
and then back home! :)

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, October 02, 2008

1953 Newbery Honor Book..and also a banned book.

Received today with thanks!

I have to read a couple of books from other people's wish lists (so I can send them away) but this will be right after that. I *love* the illustrations. :D

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 05, 2008

I love this story, and I never get tired of the Garth Williams illustrations. Thanks so much for
sharing this, and I'll get it moving again soon.

Other copies on my shelf:

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (10/7/2008 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Mailed to spacedog today. Thanks for organizing these fun rings!

Journal Entry 5 by spacedog from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, October 13, 2008

got a few days ago. thanks. will hopefully start soon.

Journal Entry 6 by spacedog from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Friday, August 07, 2009

wow. i can't believe i've had this book for almost a year! anyway, this is a children's classic and it has a compelling story, although reading it now there's a noticeable lack of depth in favor of a more homespun sort of feel. still, the natural look at life and death and nature (emphasized by the poetic descriptions of the natural surroundings and the passing seasons) is unusual and the story of a great friendship is memorable. the side plot of fern growing up and leaving her childhood seems curiously cursory, but it's appropriate to the story. all in all not one of my favorites, but enjoyable.

Journal Entry 7 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

I have a copy of this in Mt. TBR - I read it as a child so many times, but it's been decades since I last visited the Arable's Farm.

Journal Entry 8 by rem_KQI-811293 at Yuma, Arizona USA on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Stopped in California and Arizona as part of spacedog's Children's Lit Bookbox. It's moving on down the line.