corner corner The Passion of Jesus Christ: Fifty Reasons Why He Came to Die

by John Piper | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by Agrace of Frisco, Texas USA on 8/22/2008

status (set by AJAlbrizze): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Agrace from Frisco, Texas USA on Friday, August 22, 2008

"The most important questions anyone can ask are: Why was Jesus Christ crucified? Why did he suffer so much? What has this to do with me?

Journal Entry 2 by Agrace at Pasadena, California USA on Thursday, August 28, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/28/2008 UTC) at Pasadena, California USA

Sending to LittleWhiteBird

Journal Entry 3 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Saturday, August 30, 2008

Received the book in the mail today. Agrace found it on my wishlist and offered to send it to me. Thanks a lot, Agrace.

Journal Entry 4 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Sunday, April 11, 2010

I finally got around to reading this book. I started during Lent but only finished yesterday. It's good to get all those reminders and also some new aspects that I may not have thought of why Jesus suffered and died.

I think because the author probably wanted a round number like 50 reasons and each chapter on just two pages, sometimes the text seemed a little contrived and didn't flow well. But overall the content was good to read.

I already have someone in mind who I'll probably send this book to very soon.

Journal Entry 5 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Sunday, May 09, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (5/9/2010 UTC) at Pasadena, California USA

This was one of the books I took to the Bookcrossing meeting at Zephyr's Coffeehouse today. Another Bookcrossing member took this book with her.

Journal Entry 6 by AJAlbrizze from Arcadia, California USA on Sunday, May 09, 2010

This looked very interesting. I picked it up at the Pasadena meeting. I look forward to reading this one.