corner corner Frankenstein

Frankenstein
by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Centreville, Virginia USA on 8/17/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 17, 2008

Picked this up at the bag sale at Yesterday's Rose thrift store in Fairfax, Virginia. Enjoy! :)

Edit 30 December 2008: I read another copy of this, so I'm adding my review here.

Forget all the Frankenstein stereotypes you know. Forget Igor, grave robbing, neck bolts, electricity, and mobs of angry villagers carrying torches. Victor Frankenstein is a student of natural philosophy (what science was evidently called back then) who plays with chemicals in order to create life from dead tissue. The monster, which remains nameless throughout the story, so frightens Victor that he runs away and tries to forget about it. The monster, initially gentle but driven to cruelty by the repeated condemnation by mankind, vows to ruin Victor's life in return for creating his misery. It's an interesting story, one that touches less obviously on the ethics of scientific experimentation, but says quite a lot about the unfortunate importance of beauty in society. Victor is more naive and pitiful than evil or mad. Definitely one worth reading, but don't go in expecting anything like those famous old movies.

Journal Entry 2 by bhodi from Herndon, Virginia USA on Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Received from melydia!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, March 22, 2009

Got this back from bhodi last night. He said he couldn't finish it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bringing to the BC in DC Birthday Bash in Washington, DC, on Saturday 18 April 2009. I hope it doesn't come home with me!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing at National Mall in -- Parks (regional and national), District of Columbia USA on Sunday, April 19, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (4/18/2009 UTC) at National Mall in -- Parks (regional and national), District of Columbia USA

Released at the Smithsonian Sculpture Garden, in front of the Hirshhorn Museum, during the BookCrossing Birthday Bash with BC in DC in Washington, DC.

Edit: left by one of my favorite statues in the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden.
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Found it ages ago in Washington DC, brought it h