corner corner Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
by Stephenie Meyer | Teens
Registered by xallroyx of Huntington Beach, California USA on 8/10/2008

status (set by msforbesclass): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by xallroyx from Huntington Beach, California USA on Sunday, August 10, 2008

Twilight tempted the imagination. New Moon made readers thirsty for more. Eclipse turned the saga into a worldwide phenomenon. And now, the book that everyone has been waiting for....

Breaking Dawn, the final book in the #1 bestselling Twilight Saga, will take your breath away.

I really don't know about this one. I finished it and have read reviews from others to see what they think and it pretty much said the same on issues with this book.

**SPOILERS**
My problems started with the pregnancy. Bella had finally decided on college and it seemed like she would be her own person and then she becomes pregnant by having sex one time with a vampire. Super sperm? Everything changes. She becomes instantly maternal. Hello-18 years old! This doesn't even seem such a concern to anyone. I guess I don't like the message it sends to young readers.
The birth was a bit gory and the whole Jacob imprinting on the baby was just too weird. I really felt for Jacob, but that kind of ruined it.
It all ended a little too neatly. Everybody got what they wanted. When I first heard backlash I thought it was because of someone dying or a sacrifice of someone, but that was not the case. I guess a lot of readers wanted something meatier, a choice that has to be made. I still don't know. I hope readers don't think anything like this could ever happen-it's fantasy.

Journal Entry 2 by msforbesclass from Lynwood, California USA on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

In classroom