corner corner Visions of Sugar Plums

Visions of Sugar Plums
by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by zayah of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 8/8/2008

status (set by bookwormess): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by zayah from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, August 08, 2008

"Christmas in bounty hunter Stephanie Plum's world isn't quite like Christmas in Whoville. With only four days to go before December 25, she doesn't have a decorated tree in her apartment or any presents bought. Plus she's chasing an elusive bail-jumper named Sandy Claws; a hunky guy named Diesel is literally popping in and out of her apartment; and a mob of manic elves is threatening to assault her with cookies. The end result is that Stephanie is feeling a tad stressed over the holiday season. Life isn't any calmer over at her parents' home in the Burg, where Grandma Mazur is dating a new octogenarian stud muffin; sister Valerie is wailing over some unwelcome news; and Stephanie's mother is coping by belting back tumblers of Red Roses in the kitchen. Just where is the elusive Mr. Claws hiding, and why? What's causing the power blackouts all over Trenton? And what about the mysterious villain, Mr. Ring? Is all of this real, or is Stephanie just having a very bad dream?"

I found this book at a BC zone in cafe Taikalamppu. It wasn't registered, but I took it home since I needed some light enough reading.

Journal Entry 2 by zayah from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, August 10, 2008

This must have been one of the boringest reading experiences I have had. Though maybe travelling and in need of very very light reading it might have been ok. It was trying to be funny and witty in a certain way, but I have read so many books that have done that effect a lot better with the same kind of means. I did enjoy the main characters grandma's appearences.

EDIT: I brought this to the BC xmas party since the theme matches :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, November 22, 2008

got this from bc helsinki pre-christmas party

CAUGHT IN HELSINKI FINLAND

Journal Entry 4 by raepuuska from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Whoops, forgot to log in... caught this at bc helsinki pre-christmas party

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 29, 2009

This is the first BC book I have found on the book recycling shelf in Kamppi so naturally I had to pick it up :) It's also the first book by Janet Evanovich I'm about to read so I don't know what to expect. We'll see!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, November 05, 2009

Hmmm, I quite enjoyed this little book and even laughed out loud a couple of times! I have been ill all week, as has my husband and my 7-month-old son, so a light read was exactly what the doctor ordered. I now quite fancy reading the rest of the Stephanie Plum novels too. Oh, Grandma was my favourite character too :D

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, November 05, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/6/2009 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

On its way to Kuukku in Oulu who picked it from an excerpts envelope circling among Finnish bookcrossers. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by Kuukku from Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wow Stephanie Plum novel!!!

I found the first Stephanie Plum novel some ten years ago and really fell for it. It was so light and funny. Since then I have read most of them, but I haven't even heard about this book. Christmas-themed Stephanie Plum and not bad time of year for it either! Thank you Annimanni!

Journal Entry 9 by Kuukku from Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Friday, December 11, 2009

I read the book almost entirely the night I got it. It was light and funny as usual but it was more fairy tale-like. Or more like fantasy, I don't know how to describe it but at least it was less cynical. :D

I love Granma too. She is so delightfully anarchistic compared to her daughter and especially to her daughter's husband. :)

Let's see if I get this book to someone before Christmas...

Journal Entry 10 by polenka from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanks a lot Kuukku, this will make a great Holiday reading! :)

Journal Entry 11 by polenka from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This was okay read, but not as hilarious and good as "normal" Plum novels. The plot felt quite thin and not very complex.

Journal Entry 12 by polenka from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Friday, February 12, 2010

This book continued it's journey today to chrisim.

Journal Entry 13 by chrisim from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, May 05, 2010

So sorry for this delayed JE! Somehow I managed to lose this book inside our house and afterwards I didn't remember it wasn't journaled - just put it in the bookshelf waiting for the next local BC meeting and forgor there. Just now I updated my wish list seeing this book still there: OMG, I realized I haven't journaled this. So I'm very very sorry!

The book was fun as always. Like some one else said it was a like a fairy tale, Christmas story of 2000 :)

Journal Entry 14 by chrisim at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 08, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (5/10/2010 UTC) at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by audotja from Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Friday, May 14, 2010

Chrisim sent this as a wishlist surprise! Thank you so much! :)

Journal Entry 16 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, August 19, 2016

Picked this up from Espresso House meet-up today. Would be perfect for BC X-mas calendar. It also has a long list of readers already, most of whom are completely "new" to me (I joined BC in February 2010).

Journal Entry 17 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 15, 2017

I still have not read this, but that is about to change as I am putting this up for the Finnish Forum's X-mas Calendar. This year!
How time flies, was Antsu-Pantsu just 7 months old when when you read this, Annimanni, or does he have an older brother?

Journal Entry 18 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 24, 2017

Why, oh why do publishers put these out in different covers? I have read this as a green-covered book. In this case all the better, it is ready for the X-mas calendar.

Journal Entry 19 by wingkirjakkowing at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Monday, December 11, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (12/12/2017 UTC) at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland

Too many offers on the Christmas calendar this year, but the book still gets a chance to travel. It goes to the winner of Abi-Gibby's 4th Christmas Sweeps.
Merry Christmas!

Journal Entry 20 by wingbookwormesswing at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Thursday, December 14, 2017

Yay! The book arrived! Thank you, I haven't read any Evanovich books yet ( think I have or had one in my shelf).

I have a pile of Christmas themed books so it might take few holidays seasons to read them all.