corner corner True History of the Kelly Gang: A Novel

True History of the Kelly Gang: A Novel
by Peter Carey | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Figarocoffee-sh of Shanghai, Shanghai China on Saturday, August 02, 2008

status (set by lolaboots): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Figarocoffee-sh from Shanghai, Shanghai China on Saturday, August 02, 2008

Figaro's second floor BookCrossing shelves are brimming with books itching to travel! Find this book and a bunch of others in FIGARO COFFEE COMPANY. 160 Xingye Lu by Madang Lu. Bookshelves open daily from 8am until 10pm on Sundays through Thursdays and til midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

Next BookCrossers meet-up is on Saturday, AUGUST 16, 2pm at Figaro Xingye Lu. (right across Xintiandi) Call us at 63847242. info@figarocoffee.com

Now CROSSING AND BREWING!
Figaro at 456 Nanjing Xi Lu by Chengdu Bei Lu (at the Kohler showroom lobby). 63593990.

Both Figaro cafes accept book releases daily!

Journal Entry 2 by Figarocoffee-sh at OBCZ Figaro Coffee Company, 160 Xingye Lu,Shanghai in Shanghai, Shanghai China on Saturday, August 02, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (8/2/2008 UTC) at OBCZ Figaro Coffee Company, 160 Xingye Lu,Shanghai in Shanghai, Shanghai China

Now CROSSING AND BREWING!

Both Figaro cafes accept book releases daily!

Journal Entry 3 by lolaboots from Shanghai, Shanghai China on Monday, August 18, 2008

Who doesn't love horses? And a golden circle with the words 'Winner of the Booker Prize' in bold on the cover.

Actually I read the back of the book before I saw the cover. That was enough to get my attention. But I'm not a fan of author photos. Actually that can put me off a book entirely.

First line: "I lost my own father at 12 yr. of age and know what it is to be raised on lies and silences my dear daughter you are presently too young to understand a world I write but this history is for you and will contain no single lie may I burn in Hell if I speak false."

How can you not want to go on?

Journal Entry 4 by lolaboots at OBCZ Figaro Coffee Company, 160 Xingye Lu,Shanghai in Shanghai, Shanghai China on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (10/15/2008 UTC) at OBCZ Figaro Coffee Company, 160 Xingye Lu,Shanghai in Shanghai, Shanghai China

Returned to former Figaro.