corner corner Under the Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy

Under the Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy
by Frances Mayes | Travel
Registered by busybusybee of Zachary, Louisiana USA on 4/9/2003

status (set by yazi): available

Journal Entry 1 by busybusybee from Zachary, Louisiana USA on Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Absolutely wonderful memoir of this author and her signicant other's purchase of a house in Italy and their renovations and their romps and adventures through Italy and adjusting to the pace of things in Italy. A delightful easy to read book that makes you feel as though you are there!!

Journal Entry 2 by busybusybee at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Meet-up, Rabck in Chicago, Illinois USA on Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Release planned for Thursday, April 10, 2003 at U.S. Mail in Chicago, Illinois USA.

Released to yazi as a "surprise"trade :) Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by yazi on Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Thanks Busybusybee! This actually arrived yesterday, but *gasp* no one in my household told me! I haven't read it, but it certainly seems intriguing. It sounds like Ms. Mayes has lived a fantasy of mine! I'll journal more, when I've read it. Thank you again!

Journal Entry 4 by yazi on Saturday, May 17, 2003

My crazy American life has prevented me from reading much lately. This book has been my first pick, when I can stay awake long enough, to read anything at all. I am not finished yet, not only because I'm exhausted, but also because I don't want to rush through it! It's like a nice glass of Italian Wine. I am doing the reading equivelent of sipping.....more later....

Journal Entry 5 by yazi on Thursday, May 05, 2005

My sincere apologies for the delay in journaling. Read and enjoyed this and then passed it on to a friend that does not own a PC. She enjoyed it as well. I will have to call her and see if she has it and/or has released it. When I get word, I'll let you know!

Journal Entry 6 by yazi on Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Journaling for a friend that I often share my books with...I'll call her M for privacy purposes...

M absolutely loved this book! She Loved the writing and the romantic mood of Italy. Having known her for more than 9 years now, I was sure that this book would be like a dream world for her: she loves to travel, appreciates a good wine and fine meal. M is a first generation Italian American; this book made her yearn for the Italy her parents left behind.

Journal Entry 7 by yazi on Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ooops! Double entry due to PC hinky-ness!