corner corner Disobedience

Disobedience
by Naomi Alderman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Carole888 of Perth, Western Australia Australia on 7/27/2008

status (set by J4shaw): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Carole888 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, July 27, 2008

From the cover:

Winner of the Orange award fro New Writers 2006

Also read on Radio 4 in the UK

"rich, fresh, fascinating .... "

My thoughts, to come ....

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, May 16, 2016

Received today as a choice from the OZ VBB. Thanks very much, Carole.
I'd still be interested in your thoughts on it. :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Reserved for J4shaw as a wishlist tag.

--------------------------------------------------

Update 4th July:
This is one of my favourite reads for the year!

Alderman obviously knows of what she writes from a first-hand, very personal perspective. As a first book it's brilliant. I found it insightful, instructive, interesting, compassionate, poignant, but/and also funny. It was bold to write about her Community (Orthodox Jews in Hendon, London), but she's managed it both confidently and sensitively, and from an outsider's perspective also pretty even-handedly. Possibly not a book that would appeal to many but for me, it was a beautiful book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Charters Towers, Queensland Australia on Thursday, July 06, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (7/7/2017 UTC) at Charters Towers, Queensland Australia

Sending off to J4shaw by post as a wishlist tag. Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 5 by J4shaw at Denver, Colorado USA on Friday, July 28, 2017

This book arrived in the mail on my final day in Brisbane Australia last week, and it's package got jammed last minute into my luggage.
Have just opened the package in Denver, Colorado and found this lovely Wishlist book inside.
Thanks for sending to me Crimson-Tide