corner corner The Friday Night Knitting Club

Registered by AussieNisi on 7/26/2008

status (set by SisterOne): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by AussieNisi on Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blurb reads :

It starts almost by accident : the women who buy their knitting needles and wool from Georgia's store linger for advice, for a coffee, for a chat and before they know it, every Friday night is knitting night.

And as needles clack, and the garments grow, the conversation moves on from pattersn and yarn to life, love and everything. these women are of different ages, from different backgrounds and facing different problems, but they are drawn together by threads of affection that prove as durable as the sweaters they knit.

The book even has its own web site (http://www.thefridaynightknittingclub.co.uk).

I don't normally read 'chick lit' (I'm a crime or comedy girl!), but I would always read more chapters than I was intending every time I picked this book up. It was more enjoyable than I was expecting.

I liked the section intros, marking different stages in both knitting and the characters' lives. As a member of a 'Stitch'n Bitch' knitting group, I could see some similarities with our group, and quite a few differences, but that's as it should be!

I can certainly see this book being made into a movie one day ...

Cover art differs.

Journal Entry 2 by SisterOne on Saturday, October 11, 2008

A fun, light read, with lots of knitting talk to keep me interested.

CAUGHT IN CANBERRA ACT AUSTRALIA