corner corner The Private Lives of Pippa Lee

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
by Rebecca Miller | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 7/26/2008

status (set by wordperfect): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bought on Amazon, it is supposed to be good!

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Sunday, August 03, 2008

This book has had rave reviews. The first 40 pages drew me in but I then found myself not caring so much. I finished the book, I found the story of Pippa's younger life to be totally at odds with her life as a retiree's wife. And the conclusion seemed a little trite. Having said that, it was well written although I am not sure I would recommend it. I will release this book into the wild.

If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book... Welcome! Enjoy the book, the site and the BookCrossing community of book lovers. You can join Bookcrossing, which is free -- or you can remain anonymous. Either way, I hope you make a journal entry for this book letting us know where it is now.

Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it back out "into the wild" for someone else to find like you did. Thanks - and enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at Braintree, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/5/2008 UTC) at Braintree, Essex United Kingdom

Journal Entry 4 by wordperfect from Manningtree, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, August 10, 2008

I have just caught this book via the Read it Swap iT website. I recently read an interesting article about Rebecca Miller and became interested in reading her latest book. I hope it will not disappoint.