corner corner Year Down Yonder, A

Year Down Yonder, A
by Richard Peck | Teens
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 7/26/2008

status (set by lostbookisland): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 26, 2008

2001 Newbery Medal winner; sequel to A Long Way from Chicago.

It's 1937. When 15-year-old Mary Alice's father loses his job, her brother Joey joins the CCC and Mary Alice is sent to live with her Grandma Dowdel in the country.

This may be part of a Newbery book ring soon.

Here's another copy on my shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, August 23, 2008

Part of spacedog's Newbery book rings, round 5.

This is the list:

knitwit (PA)
dancing-dog (TN)
yokaye (TN) <- book is here!
spacedog (MA)
tostle (UT)

PM'd knitwit today to get things started!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, August 24, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/25/2008 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Sending to knitwit as part of round 5 of spacedog's Newbery book rings.

Journal Entry 4 by knitwit from Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, August 29, 2008

Arrived safe and sound yesterday. I shall read it and pass it along as quickly as I can.

Journal Entry 5 by knitwit from Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, September 26, 2008

A fun book to read. I enjoyed the character of Grandma and her spunkiness. Neither of my grandmothers had a spirit like hers!

I'm half way through the other book as well so this pair should be moving on soon.

Journal Entry 6 by dancing-dog from Cordova, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Arrived with Up a Road Slowly safe & sound. I liked Richard Peck's other book, A Long Way From Chicago, so looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 7 by dancing-dog from Cordova, Tennessee USA on Sunday, November 02, 2008

This was a lot like A Long Way From Chicago (the cover says this is the sequel). The kids are older and only Mary Alice stays with Grandma this time. The grandmother seemed a little meaner and slightly less wacky in this book. The "ever After" chapter was just a little too "nice" for my taste. Overall, fun to read and full of action!

Journal Entry 8 by dancing-dog at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 17, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (11/17/2008 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

spacedog asked to be skipped so on the way to yokaye

Journal Entry 9 by yokaye on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Arrived safely!

Journal Entry 10 by lostbookisland on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This book has washed ashore at the Lost Book Island after not being heard from for many months. This new arrival will be shown to a room and be allowed a bit of rest before being introduced to the many fun things to do here at the island.

All around there are books sipping cool drinks under shady palms while other books participate in a wide variety of beach sports. There is plenty of sand, surf and sun here for all of the lost and wayward books to enjoy.

It is hoped that very soon a new journal entry will come to rescue this book from the island and send it back out into the BookCrossing world so that it may continue on its journey. It is hoped that the new journal entry will tell all the interested parties where this book has been this long time and where it will be traveling to next.