corner corner The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven
by Mitch Albom | Literature & Fiction
Registered by swan-scot of Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/25/2008

status (set by Mestreechteneer): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by swan-scot from Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 25, 2008

Read this on the short flight from Edinburgh to East Midlands airport.

An easy read with enough detail and feeling for the characters to make a connection.

Journal Entry 2 by swan-scot at Loch Morlich in Aviemore, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, September 21, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/20/2008 UTC) at Loch Morlich in Aviemore, Scotland United Kingdom

Left on a picnic table beside the burn just before it runs into Loch Morlich.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site; welcome! Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (it doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please feel free to send me a Private Message, by clicking on the name “swan-scot”, to ask for help with anything.

Journal Entry 3 by ericcoulshed from Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 16, 2008

We caught the book at Loch Morlich while taking a family walk and showing a visiting german pupil some beautiful Scottish scenery. I read the book first, being someone with an interest in God and Heaven as I've often dreamed about what it is like. The book is simple to read and draws you in to the main character quite quickly. His life, death, and experience of Heaven are described in a series of short chapters which give alternate glimses into his life and after life experiences and the relationship between them. What do I think about the book? Well, it holds your attention and gives an interesting view of what Heaven might be like. I like the notion of it being a place where you are helped by the people in your past life. What did I feel about the book? I enjoyed the read. I felt for the main character as he had some of the same flaws found in us all. I was a little disturbed by how small this idea of Heaven was. When you look at how big this Universe is and realise that Heaven must be even bigger you feel, why stop at five people, or one planet? I agree with the lesson that we are all part of the same whole and feel that this is one story that will go on. My wife plans to take the book to Rome and release it there. This was our first book found, hence our first journal entry. Hope to start releasing some of our own books soon.

Journal Entry 4 by ericcoulshed from Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Book released today 19th October in Rome at Colosseum level 2.

Journal Entry 5 by ericcoulshed at Colosseo in Roma, Lazio Italy on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (10/19/2008 UTC) at Colosseo in Roma, Lazio Italy

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Mestreechteneer on Monday, October 20, 2008

Want to read in somewhere this / next month