corner corner Kansas in August

Kansas in August
by Patrick Gale | Gay & Lesbian
Registered by lellie of Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on 7/24/2008

status (set by Bug2004): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, July 24, 2008

Via Bookmooch.com

Synopsis
In this first novel, Dr Henry (Henrietta) Metcalfe falls for a hitch-hiker, Rufus. A psychiatrist and a teacher, both are intent on concealing their true identities. To complicate this comedy of sexual role reversal, Rufus is having an affair with Henry's brother, Hilary, who wants to be a father.

Journal Entry 2 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

This is a brilliant little book. A very slender quick read and very worthwhile.

Bookring

1.kbmarsh UK
2.madmadge UK
3.kerriou UK
4.cross-patch UK
5.sunfi (USA)
6.Chantie CANADA

Journal Entry 3 by lellie at Trimley, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (10/8/2008 UTC) at Trimley, Suffolk United Kingdom

Off on a ring

Journal Entry 4 by kbmarsh from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, October 13, 2008

This book has arrived and I've started to read it :-)

Journal Entry 5 by kbmarsh from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've finished this book and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I am ready to send it off

Journal Entry 6 by kbmarsh at A Not-So-Secret Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (10/21/2008 UTC) at A Not-So-Secret Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This book is in the post and on its way to madmadge!

Journal Entry 7 by madmadge from Alderholt, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've been looking forward to this one because Patrick Gale is one of my favourite writers. Hope I won't keep it too long. Thank you lellie for including me in your ring.

Journal Entry 8 by madmadge from Alderholt, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 03, 2008

What can I say about this book? Strange and unbelievable but quite gripping. I love Patrick Gale's style and I wasn't disappointed by this book at all except that the ending left me wondering a bit. A lot of 'what ifs?' but perhaps that's not a bad thing.

I will PM kerriou (although I think I have her address already) and, hopefully, it will be on its way on Wednesday.

Thank you so much lellie for including me - I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Journal Entry 9 by Kerriou from Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, November 06, 2008

Arrived safely this morning. Thank you, madmadge.
I'm just finishing my current read so I hope to start reading this tonight.

Journal Entry 10 by Kerriou from Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, November 09, 2008

Finished this yesterday and really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing, lellie. I shall definitely read more of Patrick Gale's novels in future.

Cross-patch is eagerly awaiting this book so I shall post it off to her tomorrow.

Journal Entry 11 by Kerriou at Postal Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 10, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (11/10/2008 UTC) at Postal Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Posted off to Cross-patch this morning.

Journal Entry 12 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thank you. It is here. I have enjoyed Patrick Gale books before, so am really looking forward to this one.

Journal Entry 13 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

That man, Patrick Gale, is so talented. This is a short voyage through 3 lives and I'm not sure where they're going to but I'm left with a vivid sense of their presence. Strong, wayward personalities are his strong-point living in a world that is alien to me but so very believable. Great stuff.

I'm sorry I was not very quick reading this, but life and jury service got in the way. I may need Henry's help to cope! Thank you lellie and kerriou for making this one available and getting it to me.

I intend to run a ring for Ease in the New Year.

Journal Entry 14 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 27, 2008

Received this in the mail today along with another ring, I have two rings ahead of this one and hope to have it on its way to Chantie by the beginning of February. Thanks to cross-patch for sending this to me and including the lovely postcard. Thanks to lellie for including me in this ring.

Journal Entry 15 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 10, 2009

I just finished this one, I enjoyed it. It was a little different than what I was expecting. I'm going to look for more by this author. I've already contacted Chantie and she has asked to be skipped and I contacted lellie who doesn't want it back. So in the next couple weeks or so, I'll be offering this as a Ray or RIF (if I can't find it on anyone's Wish List).

Journal Entry 16 by sunfi at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA on Friday, January 23, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (1/23/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

Released to Bug2004 as a Ray-it-Forward. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rec'vd today. Have a few in front of it, but will get to it as quick as I can. Thanks!