corner corner Glitz

Glitz
by Louise Bagshawe | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by beckydore of Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

status (set by isisjem): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by beckydore from Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This arrived today in my parcel for the RNA romantic novel of the year 2009. I've previously read a few of Louise Bagshaw's novels.

Blurb from the inside cover:

"All's fair in love and war. Especially when there's a trust fund at stake...

The four beautiful Chambers girls are rolling in money, care of the fund set up by their reclusive, super-rich Uncle Clem. Never having done a hard day's work in their lives, haughty social climber Juno, scruffy academic Athena, wannabe actress Venus and trendy It girl Diana don't think twice about the extravagance of their glamorous lifestyles. That is, until they're summoned by Uncle Clem to his mansion in the Seychelles...

After the sudden announcement of Clement's engagement to Bai-Ling, a woman young enough to be their baby sister, the Chambers girls know the party could be over. They must stop the wedding - by destroying Bai-Ling. But all is not as it seems. Could Uncle Clem have a bigger plan up his sleeve?
Will the four of them unite against the threat of Bai-Ling, or is it every woman for herself? Without the money, who will learn to stand on her own two feet - and who will fail?"

Journal Entry 2 by beckydore from Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, August 09, 2008

I've previously enjoyed Louise Bagshaw's novels.
Frequently they deal with independently successful women, rivalry and relationships. The beginning of this struck me as being a bit different as the Chambers sisters are all trust fund girls.
Not as good as some of her previous novels but an enjoyable light read.

Journal Entry 3 by beckydore at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (10/7/2008 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Passing to Katybean who has had older Louise Bagshaw novels on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 4 by katybean from Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 10, 2008

Many thanks for all the books you gave me yesterday - just have to find room for them now :o)

Was lovely to see you too!

Katybean

Journal Entry 5 by katybean at Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 11, 2012

I really enjoyed this book (once I remembered which cousin was which!!!), and I liked the storyline!

The blurb sums it up well! Would definitely recommend it!

Katybean

Journal Entry 6 by katybean at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/3/2012 UTC) at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

I'm meeting up with some other bookcrossers this evening, and will take this book with me - either to stay there, or for another bookcrosser will take it home - watch this space...

Journal Entry 7 by isisjem at Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 04, 2012

Picked up at the get together last night. I'll pass this on to my sister in law as this looks like her kind of thing.

Journal Entry 8 by isisjem at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/10/2012 UTC) at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Passed on to my sister in law as I think she'll enjoy this.