corner corner Chocolat

Chocolat
by Joanne Harris | Women's Fiction
Registered by chas04 of Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 7/21/2008

status (set by JJ-SpaceNerd): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by chas04 from Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 21, 2008

FL 'We came on the wind of the carnival.'

When an exotic stranger, Vianne Rocher, arrives in the French village of Lansquenet and opens a chocolate boutique directly opposite the church, Father Reynaud identifies her as a serious danger to his flock - especially as it is the beginning of Lent, the traditional season of self-denial. War is declared as the priest denounces the newcomer's wares as the ultimate sin.

Suddenly, Vianne's shop-cum-cafe means that there is somewhere for secrets to be whispered, grievances to be aired, dreams to be tested. But Vianne's plans for an Easter Chocolate Festival divide the whole community in a conflict that escalates into a 'Church not Chocolate' battle. As mouths water in anticipation, can the solemnity of the Church compare with the pagan passion of a chocolate eclair?

Paperback
Published by Black Swan 2000 edition
320 pages

Journal Entry 2 by chas04 at One for Autumn, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 30, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (11/30/2008 UTC) at One for Autumn, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Going into the One for Autumn bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hello Chocolat!
In my 'One For Autumn ' Bookbox when it came home.
I've had several copies of this, one of my all time favourites, pass through my hands. I don't think that I have a copy at the moment though so it may be staying with me for a while.

Journal Entry 4 by lellie at -- Mail, by hand, rings, RABCks etc, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, November 27, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (11/27/2010 UTC) at -- Mail, by hand, rings, RABCks etc, Suffolk United Kingdom

Hope you enjoy it

Journal Entry 5 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, December 06, 2010

Thank you so much lellie, for sending me this book. I liked your journal entry for it from March 2010. Now it is my turn to say "Hello Chocolat"! I hope it will be one of my favourites too. Thanks also for the lovely bookmark and the lovely postcard. I can almost taste lime juice every time I look at it! This was very generous of you as usual, and much appreciated.

Journal Entry 6 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just popped in to say I will start reading this book today! :))

Journal Entry 7 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, August 10, 2013

I loved it !! What a great author. I loved the way she wrote this. I could almost taste and smell the chocolates.
I loved the story and I found the end a bit sad. I was sorry to have finished reading this book as I enjoyed it so much!

Journal Entry 8 by wingchamonix44wing at Tesco's at Brook Retail Park in Clacton on Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, June 09, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (6/9/2014 UTC) at Tesco's at Brook Retail Park in Clacton on Sea, Essex United Kingdom

I left this lovely book on top of a shopping trolley in the Tesco's car park.
If you decide to join bookcrossing you may use my name, chamonix44, as your referring member, (or any other bookcrosser named here). Bookcrossing is fun and it's free.

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.

Journal Entry 9 by spmetcalfe1 at Clacton on Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I found this book on the customer service desk in tesco,I will read this book in the next couple of days,then pass it on again

Journal Entry 10 by JJ-SpaceNerd at Ashbourne, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 30, 2014

My boss gave me this book, randomly found in Sainsbury's, I'm going to have a read of it on my holiday to Wales and then leave it in some odd place for someone else to enjoy, we've got to make sure this book travels far and wide!