corner corner The World According to Garp

The World According to Garp
by John Irving | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingdelfinnettiwing of Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 7/20/2008

status (set by mady): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingdelfinnettiwing from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, July 20, 2008

There is no blurb to speak of so I started with the first three pages, which convinced me that I will not read the book. This is a book about a Jenny Fields and her son Garp. Jenny wants to live her life with men leaving her alone and Garp wants to be an author. Seems to be a bit about feminists and antifeminists, about families and fears of parents... Thats about all I could ascertain from reading the first few pages and the afterword. I don´t plan to read more, for it doesn´t interest me one bit.

Will go out as RABCK to Mady in Protugal.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, July 24, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (7/24/2008 UTC) at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

This book is going to Mady in Portugal as a RABCK.
It is part of my Lifetime Challenge!

Journal Entry 3 by mady from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 11, 2008

It must mean something when you receive by mail, on the same day, two books from John Irving.
Thanks for the RABCK, delfinnetti! :) Let me know if there's something from my bookshelf that takes your fancy.