corner corner Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and Reflections

Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and Reflections
by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction
Registered by hakkalina of Budapest, Pest Hungary on Sunday, January 17, 2010

status (set by Samrana): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by hakkalina from Budapest, Pest Hungary on Sunday, January 17, 2010

It is a paperback edition with 245 pages.

From its cover:
Like the Flowing River is an intimate collcetion of Paulo Coelho's reflections and short stories, written from 1998 to 2005. These are powerful tales of living and dying, of destiny and choice, of love lost and found. Sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, but always profound, this book, like all Coelho's work, explores what it means to be truly alive.

Update: 2010.01.17.
I finished it after 1 year reading. There are many short stories in the book, reading more at one time was difficult. Some of them are excellent, others are good, or "only" readable, while others are forgettable.

There is a writing about books, the "Of Books and Libraries", which is very proper for Bookcrossing. "Of course, I still continue to buy books - there's no electronic substitute for them; but as soon as I've finished a book, I let it go; I give it to someone else, or to the public library. My intention is not to save forests or to be generous. I simply believe that a book has its own journey to make, and should not be condemned to being stuck on a shelf. [....] Lets leave our books free to travel, then, to be touched by other hands, and enjoyed by other eyes.

~~ Well, remain faithful this thought I let this book travel :)
**** I offer this book for a BookRay **** ~~

ForumPost
The rules are the followings:
^*^ Make a JE at getting ^*^ Read the book within 4-6 weeks ^*^ Enjoy your reading time!! ^*^ Share your thoughts about the book with us at the end! ^*^ Make a (Controlled) Release JE after/before posting the book on in order to follow the way of the book
Specialities:
^*^ In advance try to ask the next reader's addy in order to be able to mail the book after finishing ^*^ In case of any delay, please inform us under your JE ^*^

** Thanks to participate in it! **

---<<--{@

Read and passed on: 1. Nice-Find-Books (AUS), 2. ChrissyHam (NED), 3. Simson-Shilitoe (GER), 4. mafarrimond (UK), 5. Samrana (UK), 6. juliako (UK)

E-sr was skipped, she hasn't answered for PMs.

THE RAY IS ENDED!
2010.01.23 - 2010.10.04.: with 6 readers

Journal Entry 2 by hakkalina at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Saturday, January 23, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (1/25/2010 UTC) at Budapest, Pest Hungary

The ray starts, the book is flying to Australia! :)

Journal Entry 3 by Nice-Find-Books from Dickson, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, February 12, 2010

Thanks for the book, I did receive it a few weeks ago but haven't been on the computer too much. I have finished the book and will PM the next person.

Journal Entry 4 by Nice-Find-Books from Dickson, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, March 06, 2010

I've sent 2 Pms to mafarrimond with no reply, so tried the next person who has too much on their TBR pile. Will try no 3 ChrissyHam

Journal Entry 5 by ChrissyHam from Bristol, not specified not specified on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dropped through my letterbox today - thanks nice-find-books, just in the nick of time as I'm leaving the Netherlands and moving back to the UK on Friday. Might take me a week or so to get round to reading it, with the chaos of moving country but am looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 6 by ChrissyHam at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 14, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (5/14/2010 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

I didn't really fall in love with this book. I tend to find Paul's books a bit too smug, I was hopeful with this but while the notes were short they weren't to my taste. Posted on to the next reader today

Journal Entry 7 by Simson-Shilitoe from Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The book has arrived safely today together with 3 other rays.

At the moment I am reading "Lord of the flies" by William Golding, a bookring from "EmgeeNl". I hope to start with "Like the Flowing River" next week so that the book will travel as soon as possible to the next participant.

Thank you "ChrissyHam" for posting.

Thank you "hakkalina" for sharing.

Journal Entry 8 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Sunday, June 06, 2010

Read this book step-by-step and story-by-story over the last three weeks in combination with some other bookrings. Coelho uses a simple language, easy to understand. And I like short stories.

It is right, that some stories are good, some are not so good or "only" readable, while others are forgettable. I think this has something to do with life and life experience. One person can identify with a story and another person can not. Everybody has his or her own life, own "history" and own experience. These are only Coelho`s thoughts and reflections.

Life is going on all the time and life can change. There can be a story, which is very good at the moment, when you read the same story years later, life will have changed and maybe the same story won`t be as good as now .... and a story, which is bad at the moment will be a good story.

Lifes, experiences and people are like a flowing river, at every moment in the past, in the present time and in the future.

Posting to "mafarrimond" as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 9 by Simson-Shilitoe at Germersheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, June 07, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (6/7/2010 UTC) at Germersheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Posted to "mafarrimond" in the afternoon after finishing todays business at the revenue office. Happy journey to England and happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, June 14, 2010

The book has arrived safely along with a few others. I will read as soon as able and pass on. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 11 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, July 09, 2010

The book is not really for continuous reading. I dipped into this book every so often reading one or two of his reflections at time. My feelings to the reflections were mixed. Some were inspirational, some charming, some though I felt a little condesending.

I am pleased to have read it and to have some insight into the thoughts of a favourite author. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Journal Entry 12 by mafarrimond at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, July 09, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (7/9/2010 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Posting on to Samrana. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingSamranawing at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Received in the mail today. Will take the advice of other readers and try out a few at a time while reading other things.

Journal Entry 14 by wingSamranawing at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, August 27, 2010

Mmm .... read a few at the start, but then it began to feel a bit like 'homework' so since I havn't read it will pass it on. My partner read it as it was lying around and throughly enjoyed it!

Will contact E-sr

Journal Entry 15 by juliako at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, August 27, 2010

Hope you didn't mind my jumping in - I really like Coelho (some books more than others as you would expect) but didn't join the ring as I have too much else to read so am trying to stay off rings. However, I picked this up on one of my days off and read the whole thing - not in one sitting - but in one day. The stories / articles that I wasn't so interested in were more at the beginning off the book so I'm glad I kept going at the beginning, as if I hadn't I might not have bothered to pick this up again. Also, I was interested to discover http://paulocoelhoblog.com/ although that is something I would probably only drop in to occasionally.

Journal Entry 16 by wingSamranawing at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, September 13, 2010

Sending another PM to E-sr. Don't know if the BC site is working properly as some of my PM's don't seem to get through.

Journal Entry 17 by wingSamranawing at Hudson's, 122-124 Colmore Row in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, November 27, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (11/27/2010 UTC) at Hudson's, 122-124 Colmore Row in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

If you have found this book I hope you enjoy it. You might like to write a little about what you thought about it by making a Journal Entry and then pass it on, or leave for some other lucky reader to find…. If you make release notes then previous readers can get to know where you left it. Register with bookcrossing and then you can follow its journey…..