corner corner Anansi Boys

Anansi Boys
by Neil Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by KathyB25 of Arlington, Texas USA on 7/16/2008

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Unabridged on 8CDs

Synopsis
In this magnificent work of literary magic, Neil Gaiman returns to the territory of his masterpiece, American Gods, to once again probe the dark recesses of the soul . . . .

The Washington Post - Elizabeth Hand
With Anansi Boys, Neil Gaiman's delightful, funny and affecting new novel, the bestselling author has scored the literary equivalent of a hole in one, employing the kind of self-assured storytelling that makes it all look so easy. One can imagine Gaiman's legion of fans putting down the book and rushing en masse to pen their own riffs on traditional folklore and contemporary pop culture. But it's hard to imagine anyone topping Anansi Boys , if only because it's a tall tale to end all tall tales, inspired by the trickiest of all trickster gods, Anansi the Spider, whose origins lie in Ghana.

Journal Entry 2 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mailed to Catwoman who selected it from the AudiobookVBB on Book Obsessed

Journal Entry 3 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 27, 2009

Received in the mail today. Thanks for sharing this audiobook with me. I read the book a while ago; looking forward to listening to it soon.

Journal Entry 4 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 17, 2009

I read this in hard copy about a year ago. This is one of those stories that are definitely enhanced by listening to the audiobook. Gotta get me a lime!

Journal Entry 5 by Catwoman at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 10, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/5/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Vekiki.

Journal Entry 6 by wingVekikiwing at -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 01, 2012

I can't believe I only just noticed the BCID number on this! I'm so sorry, I had assumed it was unregistered as I opened the other end of teh box and so didn't see the number. I'm so so sorry

Anyway, this was sent to me by my friend, who very much enjoyed it - she was surprised at how good Lenny Henry's performance was.
I'll go now and offer this as a RABCK on the forums

Journal Entry 7 by wingVekikiwing at -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, January 09, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/9/2012 UTC) at -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom

popped in the post as a RABCK

Journal Entry 8 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oh, it's here! Thank you so much Vekiki! I've never tried an audiobook before and can't wait to try it (with a mug of tea or cocoa sounds good ^_^). I read Anansi Boys some years ago, but have forgotten most of it by now (only that I really enjoyed it), so it will be a nice re-read. :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

I really enjoyed listening to this story, though I found it hard to do anything else while it was on (so I just sat there, otherwise my mind would wander and miss bits of the story :p). Lenny Henry was a good narrator, and I liked the way he did the different voices of the characters.

I tried to pass it around my friends, but no one was interested.. so I'll offer this again as a RABCK in the forum. :)

Journal Entry 10 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (10/23/2012 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Off to hyphen8 in Hawaii (hope the stamps stay put). Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 11 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Arrived today with some lovely stamps on the package. I love Neil Gaiman's stories, and this one ought to be terrific as an audiobook.

(Larger photo here.)

This has a totally different cover than the paper copies on my shelf: