corner corner The Poyson Garden

The Poyson Garden
by Karen Harper | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by MarciNYC of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on 4/7/2003

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by MarciNYC from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 07, 2003

An entertaining mystery set in the court of Elizabeth I.

Journal Entry 2 by DameEdna from Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Wednesday, January 14, 2004

My first "catch" - plus the bonus of meeting the "releaser"! I got to choose books from a number of them brought by this bookcrosser to a my first "Meetup." Looking forward to reading it and others by this author.

Journal Entry 3 by DameEdna from Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Just finished this interesting mystery - different from the type of mysteries I usually read because it takes place during the time "Bloody" Mary Tudor is Queen and Elizabeth is in exile, awaiting her turn to rise to the throne. Elizabeth is the protagonist. Very enjoyable, thanks MarciNYC! Starting the next one in the series today.

Journal Entry 4 by DameEdna from Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Sunday, February 01, 2004

Being returned to MarciNYC for release to another bookcrossing member. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by MarciNYC from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, March 06, 2004

Offered on BookRelay in Think of England relay.
Accepted by: LeighBCD

Journal Entry 6 by LeighBCD on Thursday, March 18, 2004

Marci... thanks so much for offering this book in a relay and for the lovely note inside the book! I am the one who should be thanking you! I am looking forward to trying this book. When I have finished, I will definitely move it on to pastures new... there is a mystery book box heading my way in the not too distant future, I will probably include it in that. I will make another journal entry in the interim, though. Thanks again!

Journal Entry 7 by LeighBCD on Sunday, December 26, 2004

This was fun and different... Elizabeth I as an amateur detective? Sounds weird but somehow it works! I liked the fact that the mystery is tied into an historical context so the concept is not as trite as it might otherwise sound. This was a great book, Marci, thanks for trading!

I have recently received a book-box of mystery novels so I will place this in there so that another BXer can discover this interesting and quirky novel.

Journal Entry 8 by LeighBCD on Friday, May 13, 2005

I changed my mind... this book has now been released into the wild! This is my first wild release for a very long time - it feels good to get back into the game!!!

If you find this book, please make a journal entry here to let me know that you found it. When you have finished with it, why not leave it out in the world again for someone else to find? Thanks very much and welcome to Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 9 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (5/13/2005 UTC) at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

Left on a bench... I hope whoever finds this book, enjoys it!