corner corner Five Quarters of the Orange

Five Quarters of the Orange
by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by oldgreymare of Eriksdale, Manitoba Canada on 7/6/2008

status (set by T02S03B11D20): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by oldgreymare from Eriksdale, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, July 06, 2008

An interesting story of a war time family as told via the memories of one adult child. A very good read, I enjoyed it very much. Am giving it to my daughter to read, and am asking her to pass it on to kayjay33 in the future.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My niece came to visit and brought along this book from her mother,my sister Oldgreymare. It looks like it will be interesting. Thanks, Sis

Journal Entry 3 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, August 30, 2009

It was an interesting book, but I didn't really like it very much. It seemed so sad that little kids are trading secrets with the Germans who were occupying France during WW2. I expect that it did happen though. I didn't like the way the kids plotted against the mother either. There was too much meanness and cruelty involved.
Thanks anyway Sis. I usually like your books.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkayjay33wing at Springport, Michigan USA on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (10/20/2009 UTC) at Springport, Michigan USA

I mailed the book off to one of the winners in a recent multi winner RABCK.

Journal Entry 5 by wingT02S03B11D20wing from Springport, Michigan USA on Monday, November 02, 2009

Received this book today, thank you. I know I have seen it mentioned around the forums, but I have not read it, or even know much about it. It will be interesting to see what it is like.

Journal Entry 6 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at CVS in Charlotte, Michigan USA on Monday, October 31, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/31/2011 UTC) at CVS in Charlotte, Michigan USA

As part of the BC Monopoly game, we had to make a "fruity" release this turn. Since it was Halloween, this book was released on the bench outside of the CVS store, in a white ghost bucket. It also contained some candy for the finder, and a BC postcard explaining what we were doing.