corner corner Keeping Faith

Keeping Faith
by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction
Registered by CrazyDutchwoman of Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on 7/6/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 06, 2008

Bought in secondhand shop in Poole England.

When seven-year-old Faith White and her mother, Mariah, swing by the house on the way to ballet class, they find that Daddy is home and he's brought a playmate. This is not the first time he's been caught cheating. After the fuss and feathers have settled and Dad has moved out, Faith begins talking to an imaginary friend who, it seems, is God. And God is not male but female. Faith is able to effect miraculous cures and is also occasionally afflicted with stigmata. When the media gets wind of this, the circus begins. The local rabbi takes an interest (Faith and Mariah are technically Jewish), and the local Catholic priest pays several inquiring visits. There is also a gaggle of psychologists. Throw in a professional atheist for the romance angle and a vicious custody fight with an egomaniacal lawyer, and you have a riveting read. Picot (The Pact, LJ 2/15/98) gets better and better with each book. If you can suspend disbelief on one or two points, this is an entrancing novel.

Journal Entry 2 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Finished reading last night. I liked this book. Very interesting subject. Maybe the book could have been a bit shorter and it would have been better but all in all a very good read.
8.5

I am going to take this book with me to the meeting next weekend at Castricum for AnneV
(Have to find it first)

Journal Entry 3 by CrazyDutchwoman at Bookcrossing Meetup, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 27, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (6/27/2009 UTC) at Bookcrossing Meetup, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases

I have asked people on The Dutch forum if they wanted to check my availables so I could bring them to the meeting in Castricum tomorrow and AnnevO was interested in this book.
enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, June 29, 2009

This book looks very interesting and I love Jodi Picoult's style, so it will be a good read for me.

Journal Entry 5 by AnnevO at Sir Winston Churchilllaan in Rijswijk (ZH), Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (9/9/2009 UTC) at Sir Winston Churchilllaan in Rijswijk (ZH), Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Op een bureaustoel in het pand op nummer 297, als deel van de 09-09-09 om 09:09 uur massarelease.

Journal Entry 6 by EmEli at Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Took this book home after a bookclub meeting at AnnevOs place.

Journal Entry 7 by EmEli at OBCZ Hotel De Doelen in Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, August 25, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (8/24/2014 UTC) at OBCZ Hotel De Doelen in Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Left the book in the bookcase under the stairs.

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Meegenomen uit het 0bcz van leiden, na lezen laat ik het weer vrij :)