corner corner Rising Sun

Rising Sun
by Michael Crichton | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by BibliophileOz of Adelaide, South Australia Australia on 7/6/2008

status (set by BibliophileOz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by BibliophileOz from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Thursday, July 05, 2012

FROM THE BLURB:

On the forty-fifth floor of the Nakamoto Tower - the new American headquarters of the immense Japanese conglomerate in downtown L.A. - a grand opening celebration is in full swing.

On the forty-sixth floor, in an empty conference room, the dead body of a beautiful young woman is discovered.

The investigation begins...and immediately becomes a headlong chase through a twisting maze of industrial intrigue...a no-holds-barred conflict in which control of a vital American technology is the fiercely coveted prize - and the Japanese saying 'business is war' takes on a terrifying reality...

Journal Entry 2 by BibliophileOz at Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, July 16, 2012

I decided to read this before I released it for BookCrossing Monopoly - this is the second Michael Crichton book I’ve read recently!

An interesting and thought provoking look at the economic and political relationship between America and Japan. While doing my grocery shopping I was especially careful to buy Australian made products. I found the contrast between the ways the different cultures perceive the same situation fascinating. A mystery that kept me guessing until the end!

Journal Entry 3 by BibliophileOz at East Adelaide Dental Clinic in Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, July 16, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/16/2012 UTC) at East Adelaide Dental Clinic in Adelaide, South Australia Australia

This book was released for Turn Eight of BookCrossing Monopoly by Team Train who landed on EAST.