corner corner The Light Fantastic

The Light Fantastic
by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Megi53 of Danville, Virginia USA on 7/5/2008

status (set by shimi): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Saturday, July 05, 2008

Trymon makes a very effective villain. I just love those inanimate (?) objects like The Luggage and the Octavo.

One of the reviewers who compared Pratchett to Vonnegut was on the mark: with both authors, I can just be reading along complacently, when every 25 pages or so, there will be a stunningly perception-shattering observation.

The puns are pretty dreadful: people breaking music shop windows during the star people plotline are ... "Luters"?! I love this series, anyway!

(pasted from my review of my other copy -- this one is going to another BCer soon!)

Journal Entry 2 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thanks so much for the lovely surprise, look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, April 24, 2009

Yippie! Another Pratchett book from my wishlist. This was a complete surprise and it really made my day. Thanks you so much darkpunkangel. It's going on my Mount TBR, I'll probably get to it this summer. Pratchett is perfect summersun material for me! Hugs and kisses from Belgium!!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, June 22, 2009

Always fun to read along a discworld novel, although Rincewind isn't my favourite character so far. I'm not really sure why. But Rincewind and Twoflower do make for an interesting duo! The Luggage is still wonderfull and I feel it has gained more of a personality in this book. (Compared to 'The Colour of Magic'.) I've been happy reading this book as it has made me smile many times during the course of the last few days.
I have yet to come across a Discworld Novel that I don't like!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/14/2009 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Shimi in Norway. I hope you'll enjoy this wishlist book! Thanks for helping me with my Lifetime Release Challenge

Journal Entry 6 by shimi from Nordre Aker bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, July 20, 2009

The book arrived safely while I was away for a couple of days. I enjoyed the 1st Discworld novel I read more than I thought I would, so I'm looking forward to another one! Thanks a lot for sending this my way, Moriquen! :)

Journal Entry 7 by shimi at Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, November 19, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (11/20/2015 UTC) at Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Leveres til bokmarked på akademisk dugnad for flyktninger på HiOA /
Will be donated to the book market at the Academic dugnad* for refugees and asylum seekers at Oslo and Akershus University College (dugnad = a collective effort; an activity where many people work together towards a common goal).