corner corner Grave Secrets: A Novel (Temperance Brennan Novels)

Grave Secrets: A Novel (Temperance Brennan Novels)
by Kathy Reichs | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by CollegeLady of La Mesa, California USA on Thursday, June 26, 2008

status (set by spaceystacey): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by CollegeLady from La Mesa, California USA on Thursday, June 26, 2008

Temperance Brennan is helping her Guatemalan colleagues identify the remains of villagers who were "disappeared" 20 years ago when she's called in to consult on four more recent disappearances. Is there a serial killer loose in Guatemala City, or is the fate of the young women who've gone missing--including the daughter of the Canadian ambassador--connected to the murder of a human-rights investigator looking into the decades-old massacre? Brennan, the protagonist of Reichs's popular series, is literally hip-deep in intrigue, between the well in Chupan Ya where she unearths the bones of women and children slain in Guatemala's bloody civil war and the septic tank in the capital where the remains of one of the missing girls turn up.

Keeps you guessing to the very end.

Journal Entry 2 by CollegeLady from La Mesa, California USA on Sunday, July 06, 2008

Shipping order:

Kiri
NMReader
IvyLibra224
SpaceyStacey

** Please see CollegeLady bookshelf for location **

Journal Entry 3 by CollegeLady at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, California USA on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (7/8/2008 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, California USA

Sent to Kiri via Media Mail. Tracking number: 9102805213907598211623.

Journal Entry 4 by Kiri from Santa Rosa, California USA on Thursday, July 10, 2008

Received 4:48pm 10 July 2008.

11 July 2008 - Very good read. Lovely to read an anthropologist doing good fiction! She kept the story moving, the science nicely tucked and I love the humor. Chatty like in the field! =) I didn't see the ending coming either. =D I also enjoyed how the character in the novel is VERY different from the "Bones" tv series character. Much more true to life imo. Looking forward to reading more of these. Onto NMReader! =)

* Holding on address for NMReader 11 July 2008 11:48am (no response)
* pm'd NMReader again 17 July 2008 1:46pm

Journal Entry 5 by Kiri at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (7/21/2008 UTC) at to the next participant, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES: Off to NMReader by Postal Release (Del Conf# 0308 1400 0001 6176 2023)

Journal Entry 6 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, July 31, 2008

Arrived in my mailbox today - looking forward to reading

Journal Entry 7 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, August 21, 2008

A quick update - I am about 1/3 the way through (In the novel they have just finished recovering the body at the ruins of Kaminaljuyu)and on track to have mailed out next week.

I have enjoyed all the Kathy Reichs books I have read or listen to and this is no exception so far.

The descriptions of Guatemala make me feel like I am there.

Journal Entry 8 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 24, 2008

I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun read. The mystery was engaging and the relationships interesting - the cliff hanger about who Tempe is going out with a little mean but I am looking forward to reading Bare Bones.

I hope to mail the book after work this afternoon.

Journal Entry 9 by NMReader at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, August 24, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (8/24/2008 UTC) at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

I will mail after I get done working today.

Delivery Confirmation Number: 0308 0070 0000 7605 7203

Journal Entry 10 by ivylibra224 from Kimberling City, Missouri USA on Thursday, August 28, 2008

Received today. I have a couple books going and one in line before this one. I'll get to it as soon as I can!

Journal Entry 11 by ivylibra224 from Kimberling City, Missouri USA on Monday, September 15, 2008

I simply couldn't finish this one. I got about half-way and gave up. I guess I kept comparing it to the TV series and the two just didn't work together in my mind. Tempe has a daughter?? And where'd she get so emotional?? I see her as having very strong emotions, but she keeps them hidden and her (very) logical side is what you see. I also don't see her as being easily intimidated.

Anyway, that's just me and maybe it's just because I'm bored and in pain that I've decided to be grouchy about this book. I am very glad that I had the opportunity to try this author on for size, and since I have another book ring book here I might just give her one more chance.

Journal Entry 12 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Received in the post this a.m. Anxious to read. Will contact collegelady to see who is after me on the list.