corner corner Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451
by Ray Bradbury | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 7/25/2008

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 25, 2008

Bought at Goodwill to read and release in the wild. Yet another classic I have never read.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, September 04, 2016

Each sentence of Fahrenheit 451 is rich with both history and prescience. Written in the early 1950s, with the book burnings of Nazi Germany and the horrors of Nagasaki and Hiroshima still fresh, it's easy to see how Ray Bradbury was inspired to take it one step further to an eerie prediction of a future that, unfortunately, could all-too-easily still happen. This copy has an afterword and a coda, also by the author, that I found as enlightening as the book itself.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, June 03, 2017

Released 5 mos ago (5/20/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library around 4:30 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.