corner corner P.S. I Love You

P.S. I Love You
by Cecelia Ahern | Journals
Registered by Bunnybee of Amarillo, Texas USA on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

status (set by karen-r): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Bunnybee from Amarillo, Texas USA on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

From the dust cover:

High school sweethearts Holly and Gerry were the kind of married couple that could finish each other's sentences, and even when they fought (like over who would be the one to get out of bed to turn off the light each night) they laughed. Holly didn't know where she'd be without Gerry. No one did. And that's how "The List" started... as as joke. If anything were to happen to Gerry, he'd have to leave Holly a list of things she must do in order to make it through the day in one piece.
Then, at the age of 30, Holly experiences the unimaginable. Gerry is diagnosed with a terminal illness. Holly dosn't know how she'll go on without him, and in truth, she doesn't want to. But Gerry has different plans for Holly. Two months after Gerry's death, Holly emerges from her house to retrieve a mysterious package. When she opens it up, she finds that Gerry was true to his word. He's left her "The List": a letter for each of the ten months following his death, each signed "PS, I love you." The letters instruct Holly to perform a series of unexpected tasks. Some leave her laughing out loud, others shaking in her boots.
Whether performed alone or with her best friends, the tasks ultimately show Holly a much larger world than the one she's been forced to leave behind.
Surrounded by friends with razor-sharp wits and raucously endearing family that smothers, loves, and drives her crazy, Holly wobbles, weaves, weeps and jokes her way toward a new life. From a fresh new voice in fiction, PS, I Love You is a tender, funny, unexpectedly romantic novel that readers will treasure in their hearts and minds long after closing the pages.

-----------------------------------
Hardback purchased to read and share.

Journal Entry 2 by Bunnybee from Amarillo, Texas USA on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Read this book before I registered it... and it was okay. I found the main character endearing at times but also annoying at times. I loved the idea of The List, as far as setting up things for loved ones to share and experience once you are gone. I think that is a very cool idea! The whole vacation one... is just priceless.

Haven't seen the movie for this book; not sure if I will. Book is now available for whoever is interested!

~Bunnybee

Journal Entry 3 by karen-r at Amarillo, Texas USA on Friday, September 14, 2012

I got this book from Bunnybee. Girl! You NEED to watch the movie! My hubby got major husband points for taking me to watch the movie at a midnight showing. (Which worked out really well, cause no one would be around to see that I had been crying.)

I loved this book. It is the thought and effort that her husband put into the project that really resonated with me. Something that forces us out of our comfort zone, in an effort to grow and learn- that is something that we all need to strive for..but hopefully without the heartbreak.

I will release the book soon. :)

Journal Entry 4 by karen-r at Tower Hotel and Bar in Waterford, -- Wild Released somewhere in state -- Ireland on Monday, October 08, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (9/30/2012 UTC) at Tower Hotel and Bar in Waterford, -- Wild Released somewhere in state -- Ireland

left on a table in the bar/dining area