corner corner Galileo's Daughter: A Drama of Science, Faith and Love

Galileo's Daughter: A Drama of Science, Faith and Love
by Dava Sobel | Nonfiction
Registered by wingfuturecatwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 13, 2008

status (set by marcienz): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 13, 2008

Clearing out our bookshelves. This book was a great disappointment - it should have been really good (Gallileo has always been one of my great heroes), but it was just boring, and poorly written overall :-(

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 2 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (7/8/2008 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at tonight's meetup.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 3 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Caught at the Cafe Bleu tonight.

Journal Entry 4 by marcienz at Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, August 01, 2011

Whoops - three years since I "found" this book. I think I was put off reading it by Futurecat's review.

Anyway, I finally read it, finishing last night. I was glad of the warning about the standard of the writing etc.

I enjoyed this as a companion read to Sarah-Kate Lynch's "Dolci di Love", which was also set in Tuscany. I love how in some countries the landscape doesn't change over 400+ years.

I also enjoyed the archaic language of the letters. My emails to my parents have never been so wordy: "Most Illustrious and Beloved Parents..."