corner corner The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau Vampires, Book 7)

The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau Vampires, Book 7)
by Lynsay Sands | Horror
Registered by well-chilled of Eagle River, Alaska USA on 6/10/2008

status (set by Supertalya): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by well-chilled from Eagle River, Alaska USA on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So totally my very favorite of all the Argeneau Books - by far!! It was cute and funny and sweet and had me laughing out loud in several places. I'm going to offer this one up as a book ray. Such a fun variation on the way it usually goes. The innocence, the naivete-just such a different take on the way these books usually go.

Being saved for a book ray.

Journal Entry 2 by well-chilled at Fairbanks, Alaska USA on Thursday, September 25, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/23/2008 UTC) at Fairbanks, Alaska USA

This is a bookray. It's on it's way to HunterRyu as of Tuesday. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 3 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 11, 2008

Book arrived safe and sound today! I will put it at the top of my pile after my current in progress and get it out to the next person in the ray as soon as I can. I really look forward to reading this. Happy Bookcrossing, everyone!

Journal Entry 4 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm about halfway through this book now, and went to check who was next, and saw that the participant list wasn't here! So I snagged it from the forum post and here it is:

well-chilled
Mozette
Sfogs
vampirequeen
Tsjara

And here is the forum post it was taken from

Journal Entry 5 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 25, 2008

I finished reading this book today and I highly enjoyed it! The "harem" of vamp boys was certainly an entertaining bunch of hotties (I personally liked Alessandro and his accent). The take on the vampires was different, and pretty interesting! I enjoyed that the main girl, Elvi, was clueless so everything was explained to her (and us) in a not-too preachy and blah blah blah sort of way, although some things were repeated a couple times more than necessary. Overall it was a delightful sexy funny read and I'm glad I got to take part in this ray! Will release to the next person next week, as per their request, due to them going on vacation.

Journal Entry 6 by wingHunterRyuwing at Sent to the Next BCer, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (11/3/2008 UTC) at Sent to the Next BCer, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Will be mailing this off next Monday to nightraine56, when they return from vacation. It's packed up now and ready to go. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by nightraine56 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I got this today. I am reading another book at the moment, but I will get this read as soon as possible. Thanks well-chilled for sharing.

Journal Entry 8 by nightraine56 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I really could not get into this book for some reason. I liked previous Argeneau books, but this one just didn't tweak my interest in continuing to read. Thanks HunterRyu for giving me the chance to try it out though. I am sending it on to the next person today.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, December 06, 2008

I am looking forward to reading this book! I enjoy this vampire series! Lynsay Sands has such a good imagination coming up with a completely different story each time!

I am reading this one now. Oh, good, I have another bookring to send to Booksnbeer, so I guess I will send them together! ;-)

Thanks for sharing your book well-chilled and thank you to nightraine56 for mailing it to me!

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, December 08, 2008

This was a really fun book! A lot of zany characters, plus a feisty and beautiful female vamp, she meets one of the infamous Argeneau clan when her best friend placed an ad in the newspaper! (That cracks me up!) Lynsay Sands always writes a great mix of love and humor! Fabulous!

Going to visit Booksnbeer soon!

Journal Entry 11 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mailing to booksnbeer today along with another bookring! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Received this one today - when it rains it pours, I have four rings in front of this one - But, no worries I read fast.

Journal Entry 13 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Thursday, January 29, 2009

I really enjoy this story - I loved the idea of an Accidental Vampire. I am enjoying learning about and growing with this family. Lynsay, in my opinion, is a good writer. She creates characters that I care about and want to know more about. I can't say this is a deep book, it isn't - it is a fun book.

I look forward to the next in the series.

I have the address of the next person and will be sending this on it's way.

Journal Entry 14 by Mozette from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Sunday, February 08, 2009

I've read this author before. Personally I find her work rather sexy but a little slow for my liking... it could go a little faster; but that's me. I guess I like the other kind of vampires... hehehe

Thank you so much for including me in this. I'll dive in and enjoy the immortality of it all. :[

Journal Entry 15 by Mozette at Slacks Creek, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (2/23/2009 UTC) at Slacks Creek, Queensland Australia

I know I'm late in making this journal. Please forgive me... but this book is now on its way to Sfogs in Christchurch, NZ.

Happy reading. I read it in a few days; however, had to scrap together the cash to post it off. Things have been tight.

Journal Entry 16 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, March 01, 2009

I have one book before it, and am at University so I will not be able to finish it quickly but I'll do my best!
Thanks well-chilled for making it a bookray!

Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!((Click on my dragon eggs it will help them grow))

Journal Entry 17 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, March 06, 2009

I really enjoyed this book!
I didn't take as long as I thought I would finishing the book before it, thank goodness, and ended up finish this one in two days! I think I'm getting a bit crazy about Vampire books *grins*.
Thanks well-chilled for sharing! It was a bundle of laughs!

Journal Entry 18 by Sfogs at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Monday, March 09, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (3/9/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand

Sent on it's way to VampireQueen in Wales!
Carring on the bookray!

Journal Entry 19 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, March 22, 2009

Received in't post. Shall be read, looks good, but I gots one book in front of it first. Well to be honest I'll read them together as I can't just read one a at time. May get confused with this pairing tho as they're both vamp books, with different lore.
Ah well, shall get round to reading it soon enough!

Taa Well-chilled for hosting and sfogs for sending it on!

Journal Entry 20 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finished last week and sent it off today.

Really liked this, the idea of vampires having nanobots amusues me greatly! And its some good easy to read trash! Thanks for introducing me to a new author I thinks I shall have to go find some more of this series!

Journal Entry 21 by wingTsjarawing from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Book has arrived here safely. I still have some rings before this one, but hopefully it won't take too long.
Thanks vampirequeeen, for the card and sending the book, and well-chilled for hosting the ray. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 22 by wingTsjarawing from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, May 17, 2009

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but once I got into the story I enjoyed it very much. A quick and funny read, made me laugh out loud a couple of times. (cheesecake emergency :p)

Hmm.. guess I'm last. I'll try to find some other readers for this book and continue the ray.

Journal Entry 23 by wingTsjarawing from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, May 17, 2009

Participants for bookray so far:

Alienagr, Netherlands (?)
fbeatriz, Portugal (International shipping)
chucklesthescot, UK (prefer EU, can do Intl)
Bongalonga, UK (UK/EU shipping)
Angel135, UK (?)
Scruffykaz, UK (International) (would like to be skipped)
Supertalya, South Korea (?) <------- The book is here (end of ray)
Natgirl101, Canada (?) (no response)

Link to forum:

Journal Entry 24 by wingTsjarawing at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (6/2/2009 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Sent the book to Alienagr today.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 25 by Alienagr from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Received it yesterday! I am really looking forward reading it!!!!

Journal Entry 26 by Alienagr from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Friday, July 10, 2009

I've never read this author before, I have to admit that it was quite different from what I expected. Still it was an entertaining and easy read! Now it is on its way to chucklesthescot, since fbeatriz couldn't participate.

Journal Entry 27 by Chucklesthescot from Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 13, 2009

Thank you for this book which arrived today. I'll be getting started on this one tonight!

Journal Entry 28 by Chucklesthescot from Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 18, 2009

I really enjoyed this book, the first one by this author that I've read and I'm going to read the rest of the series for sure. The characters were fun and appealing, great humour, good story and I just loved the cheesecake and bed emergencies! Very different, very good read! I have the address of the next person and will be sending it on during the week. Thank you for including me!

Journal Entry 29 by Chucklesthescot at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/23/2009 UTC) at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom

This is moving on to the next reader. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 30 by Bongalonga from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 27, 2009

Arrived in the post today, thanks to chucklesthescot for sending on

Journal Entry 31 by Bongalonga from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 07, 2009

This book wasn't at all what I expected. There was next to no blood and gore and it was in an all very civilised small town Canadian setting. What I liked the most was the way the author had taken all the "known" things about vampires and tweaked them into her own interpretation of what that actually means. I've not read any of the others in the Argeneau series and I suspect they are therefore along a similar theme and rely on the same interpretations. Therefore, whilst I enjoyed the freshness of this book, I suspect I would find the others in the series too similar. Not to judge a book before reading though, I will happily read another to see if my speculations are correct!

Have PMed Angel135 and will send along next weekend. Thanks for including me in this bookray.

Journal Entry 32 by Bongalonga at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 14, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (9/14/2009 UTC) at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Sent off to Angel135

Journal Entry 33 by Angel135 from Old Washington Village, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, September 26, 2009

Receieved this book as part of a bookring.

Journal Entry 34 by Angel135 from Old Washington Village, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, November 29, 2009

Have emailed WEll-chilled a number of times to see who is next in the bookring for me to post this book on, But have not received any reply . So still have this book with no where to send it.

Journal Entry 35 by Angel135 from Old Washington Village, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, December 19, 2009

posted the book onto next person awhile back.

Journal Entry 36 by Supertalya on Thursday, January 07, 2010

Excited about this one. I am having surgery next week so it will be perfect for recovery.

Update:

It was the perfect book to read in the hospital as nurses were coming in and out doing whatever they do. It really distracted me from being in the hospital. I loved it. I had tried reading others in this series, but they didn't really catch my attention. I loved the premise of the whole town being involved with her being a vampire. Cute novel, and I think I will look into some of the other ones.