corner corner Of Mice and Men

Of Mice and Men
by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bluenoser of Eymet, Aquitaine France on 4/1/2003

status (set by arvoredeperas): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by bluenoser from Eymet, Aquitaine France on Tuesday, April 01, 2003

I decided it was time to read a Steinbeck book.
I love all the characters in this bookand it's very profound how they all interact with each other and grow throughout this sad little book - only 95 pages.
I will be reading more of his work.

Journal Entry 2 by bluenoser from Eymet, Aquitaine France on Sunday, April 06, 2003

from-the-coast has requested this book in a trade.
So , tomorrow it will be winging its way, via Canada Post, to Ontario. I bought this book in a charity shop in England last month, while visiting family, so it has already travelled a few miles.
Enjoy! Maybe with your "hot-headed" Helen (so cute) on your lap!

Journal Entry 3 by from-the-coast from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Saturday, April 12, 2003

Just received this in the mail from bluenoser. Time for another J. Steinbeck; it's been awhile since I've read East of Eden......we'll see what this classic is like........on the TBR pile and should get to it in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by from-the-coast from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Friday, April 18, 2003

Ok....this was a quick read. I have to say I liked East of Eden better, but this does make me want to go out and find "The Pearl." I don't think I ever read it although I heard it was good too.
This is nice if you're looking for a fast read and a good story...

Journal Entry 5 by from-the-coast at Post Office in Kingston, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 18, 2003

Released on Friday, April 18, 2003 at Post Office in Kingston, Ontario Canada.

This book is making its way overseas to special-K in Australia. She's requested this in a trade...so off it goes on Monday....little book gets to visit another continent...

Journal Entry 6 by Special-K from Carseldine, Queensland Australia on Saturday, May 03, 2003

I received this yesterday, thanks from-the-coast ! I'll probably take it on holidays with me tomorrow and release it once I get to Queensland.

Journal Entry 7 by Special-K from Carseldine, Queensland Australia on Sunday, May 11, 2003

Such a small book but a great classic! I took this on holidays with me, and my boyfriend and I both read it on the beach at Mooloolaba in Queensland. I was planning to release it up there but I decided to offer it as a bookray to share it around because I'm sure everyone would enjoy it as much as we did.
I'll definitely be on the lookout for more Steinbeck novels!!

Journal Entry 8 by Special-K at Sent to another BXer - Post Office in Bluff Rd in Sandringham, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Released on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at Sent to another BXer - Post Office in Bluff Rd in Sandringham, Victoria Australia.

Posted to the first participant in the Of Mice and Men Bookray - Leanne345

Click here for further details of the bookray and the full list of participants in mailing order.

Please journal the book when you receive it and again when you've finished reading it to let us know what you thought of the book. Then PM the next person on the list for his or her address and make release notes when you actually send it on.

Journal Entry 9 by Leanne345 from Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom on Saturday, May 24, 2003

What a pleasant surprise to receive this today along with my post - i love getting post these days!! Shall get reading straight away!

Journal Entry 10 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 07, 2003

received today as part of a bookray, will read ASAP and journal again.

Journal Entry 11 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 08, 2003

A wonderful, warm book that had me crying like a baby at the end.

Waiting for the next address to pass along the line. mfa hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Address received. Will be posting to Portugal tomorrow.

Journal Entry 12 by mfa from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, June 12, 2003

Just got the book in the post - thank you shadow pi. i'll read it soon and then pass it on.

Journal Entry 13 by mfa from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, June 26, 2003

this is a quick read, that leaves you quite disturbed in the end. it's a strong account of human friendship in a male dominated context. the men, despite being old, sick, descriminated or just hopeless do stick together, but regard the only female as something rather dangerous and not worth of any solidarity. perhaps it's a good description of the environment of a ranch, but it came across as a bit mysogenist to me at first. i specially enjoyed the the way dialect is used - it makes the narrative so lively and touching. it's a sad book though, that seems to imply the better consequence for being loved, either if you're human or beast, is a quick death that will save you from further suffering.

Journal Entry 14 by mfa at on Friday, June 27, 2003

Released on Friday, June 27, 2003 at mailed to another bookcrosser in Lisboa, lisboa Portugal.

posted today to andycap14, in the usa.

Journal Entry 15 by Bibliotender from Fontana, California USA on Sunday, July 06, 2003

Just recieved it today. Will read ASAP!

Thanks

Journal Entry 16 by WickedWordz from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, July 21, 2003

Was extremely pleased to recieve "Of Mice And Men" today in the mail. I can't wait to start reading! The movie was excellent, so the book will probably be THA BOMB! Thanks for starting this ray.

Wicked

Journal Entry 17 by WickedWordz from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, September 08, 2003

Finished reading last week. What a wonderful book. Simple, yet profound, it pulls at your heartstrings. I plan to obtain a copy of this book to keep in my personal collection. I've already shipped out to Victoriastories. Hope they enjoy it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 18 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, September 21, 2003

Just received, looking forward to it!

CAUGHT IN ST.CATHARINES ONTARIO CA

Journal Entry 19 by luckaye from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Friday, October 17, 2003

I received this yesterday. Will take it along today, to read whilst my kids have their dancing lessons :)

Journal Entry 20 by luckaye at on Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Released on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 at postal release in Kingston, Queensland, Australia Controlled Releases.

Journal Entry 21 by Mojorisin2 from Stevenage, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 11, 2003

Received today, thanks. Will be reading and passing on shortly.

Journal Entry 22 by arvoredeperas from Oeiras, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Just received it and will start reading it as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 23 by arvoredeperas from Oeiras, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Tuesday, August 24, 2004

On its way to the next bookcrossers hands. I am sorry for holding it for so long.