corner corner Eden Burning

Eden Burning
by Belva Plain | Women's Fiction
Registered by cyber-librarian of Cary, North Carolina USA on Monday, March 31, 2003

status (set by cyber-librarian): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Monday, March 31, 2003

I read this so long ago (early 80s), that I want to read it again before I release it.

c. 1982 -- 477 pages -- Paperback -- A Doubleday Book Club Alternate Selection -- A Literary Guild Dual Selection -- 16 weeks on the New York Times Bestseller List!

Back Cover: For Teresa Francis, a beautiful girl growing up in a magical island world of emerald waters, vast formal lawns, and great white mansions, St. Felice was heaven on earth. Until the moment she lost her innocence and was expelled from paradise -- for becoming a woman.

Teresa would travel to Europe. She would marry Richard Luther, the wealthy New York stockbroker. She would raise 3 daughters and a son, Francis. But the shameful secrets of the past refused to stay hidden. They would draw her back to St. Felice as the island exploded in a violent hell of revolution, forcing her to comfront the past and watch the future unfold in "Eden Burning".

Journal Entry 2 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Thursday, April 27, 2006

I finished reading this today. It was a good read ... but a little too political for me.

Journal Entry 3 by cyber-librarian at Mr Toad's Coffee House- 976 High House Rd in Cary, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (6/10/2008 UTC) at Mr Toad's Coffee House- 976 High House Rd in Cary, North Carolina USA

I'm leaving this book at the bookcrossing zone in exchange for another one.