corner corner Middle Passage (Plume)

Middle Passage (Plume)
by Charles Johnson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by boreal of Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Friday, May 30, 2008

status (set by futurecat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Friday, May 30, 2008

" a moving and revelatory illumination of the black American experience"

Journal Entry 2 by boreal at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/19/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

For convention purposes

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I couldn't resist this one either - I've heard really good things about it.

=+=

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, June 07, 2009

I really struggled with this book. Not with the subject material (although some of that was pretty difficult, I was prepared for that), but with the writing, which I just couldn't get into. I assume the stilted style was a deliberate attempt by the author to imitate 19th century writing, but for me it just didn't ring true. I don't think there were any actual anachronisms, but I kept feeling like there would be one any minute.

Or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it.

=+=

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (6/24/2009 UTC) at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group