corner corner Summer at Tiffany

by Marjorie Hart | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by tempestsans of Canton, Georgia USA on 5/25/2008

status (set by Dove-i-Libri): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by tempestsans from Canton, Georgia USA on Sunday, May 25, 2008

this little tiffany blue treasure came off my daughter's shelves as she was packing up her tiny artist bungalow in Savannah to move back to Atlanta after receiving her degree in art. may take a shot at reading this one before releasing it into the world.

if you have found this book, welcome to bookcrossing and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it's journey.

feel free to enjoy the book and pass it along to a friend, neighbor, family member or co-worker. or simply leave it somewhere for another lucky reader to enjoy as you did!

this book not your type of read? that's ok, don't feel obliged to read it - just be kind enough to help it on it's journey.

if you haven't yet done so, please take some time to look around this wonderful site of caring, giving readers. should you decide to join, i'd be most honored to have you use my screen name (tempestsans) as your referral. if you join, each time this book (or any you register or find in the future) is picked up and journaled you'll get a notice letting you know of it's travels. i currently have books in such far away places as California, Canada, Romania, the UK, Iran, Japan, Italy, Iraq (both with our troops and with the people), New Zealand and Australia!

welcome to bookcrossing and happy reading!

**read this one in early 2009. fun look back at the past and the inside story on how tiffany worked in the days of stockings and white gloves.

Journal Entry 2 by tempestsans at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 09, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/9/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

off to nancynova as a surprise in my Christmas in July sweepstakes! i found this on her wishlist...funny how the karma of a book works. i just couldn't get this one to let go of any member of my family and get released into the wild and when it was offered months ago on the the forum as a ring or ray there was not a single response of interest! i even sent it with my son to NYC back in April with instructions to leave it anywhere (actually outside tiffany would have been the bomb but i knew that wasn't happening with a teenager!). it never made it out of the hotel (though he says it did come out of his bag, he just kept forgetting to take it when they went out and about each day!).

so, this one was MEANT to go to nancy, i and it just didn't yet know that!

enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rabck from tempestsans. Thank you! I wished for this because of a USA today review - and since that must have been whenn I was still traveling for my job, it's at least a 2 year old wish.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, June 17, 2016

rabck from tempestsans; a delightful throwback to the gentler times of 1945. College gals Marjorie and Marty leave their Iowa town for jobs in NYC. Turned down at most 5th ave stores, they use a family plug and land a job as the first female pages on the showroom floor of Tiffany's. This is a time of the end of WWII, military beaus, reading all about celebrities in the fan magazines...and then they show up to shop at Tiffany's!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, November 10, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/10/2016 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

For the ABC VBB #14

Journal Entry 6 by wingNancyNovawing at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, February 18, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/18/2017 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Chosen from the ABC VBB. Enjoy!

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingDove-i-Libriwing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Monday, February 27, 2017

Received this in the mail yesterday from NancyNova as part of Booklady331's Already Been Crossed Virtual Book Box. I'm already enjoying the parts I've peeked at. I love stories about my home town, and this may become part of my personal permanent collection when I'm done reading it. I'll be sure to post though, to let you know.

Thank you so much for sending this along! And, thank you Booklady331, for sponsoring the book box!

January 25, 2018: Will use this book as part of my "2018 Reduce Mount TBR Challenge" (Link), and then send it along as part of Booklady331's "2018 Keep Them Moving Challenge" (Link)