corner corner Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith

by Jon Krakauer | Nonfiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 5/18/2008

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, May 18, 2008

I bought this book from the Barnes & Noble at Union Square during a recent trip to New York.

Under the Banner of Heaven is a fascinating look at the Mormon religion and particularly the (sometimes violent) and polygymist fundamentalist sects. I have been wanting to read a book that examines "Mormonism for the layman" ever since I went to Salt Lake City about 4 years ago... this was a great to read and I am inspired to read more by Krakauer.

I will release this book into the wild. I hope whoever finds this book enjoys it - welcome to Bookcrossing! Please make a journal entry to let me (and others) discover its fate once it leaves our hands... Thanks so much. Read and Release!!

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, February 15, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/15/2009 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

Hope you enjoy the book!