corner corner The Time Machine

The Time Machine
by H.G. Wells | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, May 09, 2008

status (set by disneyfreaksam): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, May 09, 2008

One of my favourite classic tales which I'll be sending to another bookcrosser who is June's recipient in the UK Exchange at bcuk extra.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, May 23, 2008

Mailed today to the June recipient at UK Exchange via bcuk extra.

Journal Entry 3 by PatchworkPerson from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 12, 2008

Been wanting to read this for ages. Thank you Tanamo.

Journal Entry 4 by PatchworkPerson from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 02, 2008

Great classic sci-fi. Thank you Tanamo.

Journal Entry 5 by PatchworkPerson at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (3/3/2010 UTC) at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

On it's way to Stubee. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 6 by wingstubeewing from Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thank you very much PatchworkPerson it arrived yesterday and I'm over half way through already.

EDIT: 10th March 2010 - Finished. A very quick, enjoyable and fantastical sci-fi novel; The Time Machine is well written and excellently paced. Considering this was first published in 1935 and the technological advancements the human race has made since then I am amazed at how timeless this piece of work is. There is no indication of how the time machine would actually work so there is no debate that can made against that plus who knows what our world could be like 800,000 years from now.

I’m passing this on to KT-J to read before our next book club meeting.

Journal Entry 7 by KT-J from Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, March 19, 2010

I thought this was really good and packed a lot into a short book! I liked the narrative and thought it was an interesting view of how society will progress, particularly the separation of people and the development of particular traits.

Journal Entry 8 by wingstubeewing at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/19/2012 UTC) at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Sending to disneyfreaksam as a wishlist fulfilment.

Journal Entry 9 by wingdisneyfreaksamwing at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your amazing kindness. I appreciate it.