corner corner Last Known Victim

Last Known Victim
by Erica Spindler | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

status (set by bearyfriend): available

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Captain Patti O''Shay, a by-the-books cop, is assigned to the case. But with the evidence lost to time and the elements, the heinous incident goes unsolved. The perpetrator, known only as "The Handyman," remains at large.
Two years later Patti is still haunted by her own personal tragedy—her husband and fellow police captain was murdered in the post-storm chaos. But when a female victim missing her right hand is unearthed, Patti prepares to return to The Handyman investigation. She is unprepared, however, for what she finds at the crime scene—the victim''s bones beside her husband''s police badge.

Casting aside all the rules, Patti is fearless in her quest to find the truth…because if she isn''t, she could become The Handyman''s last known victim.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm going to send this out as a ray.

Rules: Not many. Please journal the book's arrival and departure. And please keep it moving by keeping it no longer than 4 weeks. The last person is free to release the book as they wish.

1. redhot-brat - US (Intl)
2. NMReader - US (US)
3. Daelith - US (North America)
4. TBlack44 - US (US)
5. macewoman - US (US/Canada)
6. AceofHearts - Canada (Intl)
7. bearyfriend - Singapore (Intl)

Beginning its journey on May 20th. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 3 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 30, 2008

Thank You for sharing this with me Laura. It sounds like a great read. I am currently in the middle of another book, but this is next up as soon as I'm done.

I;ll get it read and back on it's way to the next lucky participant. :D

Journal Entry 4 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Sunday, June 08, 2008

Things got ratrher turned upside-down & chaotic around here the last cpl weeks, so it took me longer to get through this then I expected. It was a great read and even though I suspected "whodunnit" before the book told us, I still really enjoyed the book. Thanks for sharing it.
I will buzz NMReader for their addy and get this sent out in the next cpl days.

Journal Entry 5 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Friday, June 20, 2008

Life is still rather crazy for me, but this finally went out in today's mail. Thanks for the patience and enjoy the great book! Thanks for sharing it with me! :D

Journal Entry 6 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Arrived yesterday. Looking forward to reading

Journal Entry 7 by NMReader at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 20, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (7/20/2008 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I wanted to read this book but my work schedule has become difficult. I am passing on to the next person to enjoy.

The Confirmation Delivery # is 0308 0070 0000 7605 6039

Journal Entry 8 by Daelith from Memphis, Tennessee USA on Saturday, July 26, 2008

Arrived safely today. Thank you! I'll start this right after I finish the current book I'm reading.

Journal Entry 9 by Daelith at Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 02, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (8/2/2008 UTC) at Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sending this off to TBlack44 who is next on the list. Thank you for sharing this with us lauraloo. I enjoyed the book. Been a while since I read any Spindler and I have a number of them in my tbr pile.

Journal Entry 10 by TBlack44 from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Thursday, August 07, 2008

YAY! I am so excited to read this book! I finished a book today, so I will be starting this tonight!!!

Journal Entry 11 by TBlack44 from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Saturday, August 16, 2008

WOW...What a great book and the ending came out of nowhere! Completely blew me away!! =)

Journal Entry 12 by TBlack44 at Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 16, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (8/16/2008 UTC) at Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This book is off to macewoman, as she's the next on the list!!

Journal Entry 13 by macewoman from Winston Salem, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My apologies for the long delay in journaling this one. It got mixed in with some books that were already journalled and it took me awhile to figure out that this and another hadn't had a JE written.
I've got a couple of rings/rays to read, but it shouldn't take me too long to get this one back on the road. Thanks for including me in this ray.

Journal Entry 14 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

received in the mail today

Journal Entry 15 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Captain Patti O'Shay had lived through Hurricane Katrina. Her husband was killed probably because he witnessed a crime. There was a grizzly discovery of hands in a refrigerator slated for demolition. Patti has been on the case for 2 years now but the evidence is hard to come by.

Patti is unnerved when another body is found with her husband's police badge underneath. The case is re-opened. Who is the victim?

This book has lots of twists and turns and was a pleasure to read. I also liked that some of the personal relationships of the people involved were examined and there was a touch of romance.

Journal Entry 16 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 11, 2008

mailed today

Journal Entry 17 by bearyfriend from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Friday, February 20, 2009

Thank you, book arrived. Glad I'm the last so I will not have to rush. I'll let the book travel after reading.

Journal Entry 18 by bearyfriend from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Saturday, July 04, 2009

A fast-paced read, once started just had to continue till the end. One thing happened after another, and thinking they were going to get the real murderer, then another suspect came up. Overall good read, but there're still some parts not make clear about, which I can't disclose too much here for the benefit of other would-be readers.