corner corner Billy

by Whitley Strieber | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by ladybug74 of Dothan, Alabama USA on Thursday, May 01, 2008

status (set by Shausha): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Thursday, May 01, 2008

Congratulations! You have found a bookcrossing book! I hope that you enjoy reading this book, then pass it along to a friend, neighbor, family member, co-worker, or simply leave it somewhere for another lucky reader to find as you did! If this book isn’t the type that you like to read, please be kind enough to help it on its journey.

Please take a moment to leave a journal entry to let me know where you found this book. You may remain anonymous if you wish. After you read the book, please come back and let me know what you thought about it and what you will do with the book when you finish with it. You may come back any time to read where this book has traveled and what others thought about it. Thank you for letting me know where this book has traveled!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Publishers Weekly (copied from Amazon.com):
Fat, 40-ish Barton Royal, kiddy-clown in an L.A. bookstore, is obsessed with pubescent boys. He wants to be their "father" but when they turn against him he has a "black room" for their punishment. Seeing 12-year-old Billy Neary in an Iowa shopping mall, Barton is smitten. He follows the boy home, craftily and boldly abducts him and begins a nonstop drive to L.A. The book alternates scenes of the devastation wrought on Billy's family, a national manhunt, Billy's growing awareness of his peril and Barton's violent mood swings. We get chilling glimpses of Barton's past--he talks of skinning boys alive--and his plans for Billy. Bright, winning Billy is worn down almost to madness.

Journal Entry 2 by ladybug74 at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 28, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (11/28/2008 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I am putting this one in my Horror Bookbox. I have not read this one yet, but have another copy of it in my TBR stacks.

Journal Entry 3 by Shausha from Kersey, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, March 26, 2009

took out of horror bookbox, thank you