corner corner Atonement

Atonement
by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by innovation of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 5/1/2008

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by innovation from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, May 01, 2008

An intriguing premise for a story. The blurring of fact and fiction in the conclusion does not appeal to me, however - I prefer the willing suspension of disbelief, that is, I would rather collude with the author in the notion that the world he has created is real. I am looking forward to seein how this issue is resolved in the film.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, June 23, 2008

I don't think I actually caught the book as per say. I remember discussing with the librairian at my college about something like this but because nothing was mentionned of it again I just thought that the idea had been abandonned. then I was approached by the librairian later on to do something else and then in doing the other thing I met up aith an english teacher in my college and she suggested that I do this.

I really liked the storyline although at times I found it hard to follow. I began the book then took time out to watch the film and I think this better helped me to picture and understand some of the things going on in the story. I really hated Briony (I know she's a character but she made me sick) and I wish that she would have dies instead of Cecilia and Robbie. I hated her mother and her father was just a waste of space considering he wasn't even around. I was very confused at the end though because Cecilia kept saying that it was Danny Hardman who had committed the crime where the movies blatantly (in my opinion) pointed towards paul (was that his name?) the Amo chocolate guy. i think Briony mentionned somewhere about Lola marrying her child rapist (or something like that, bad memory)so I guess I should have figured it out from that.

Overall it was a very, very, very, very good story. wish they hadn't died so there could have maybe been a part two. Wouldn't have liked to have seen Briony live as long as she did, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Maybe (this tends to ruin it for somepeople but not for me), we could have two more full stories detailling what Robbie and Cecilia each went through after the arrest. I hate war so I guess maybe there won't be much substance to those stories (if ever written) because they would just basicllay foolow the same route as Briony's although I can't help but think that there would be more of an element of truth to their stories.

CAUGHT IN LONDON HACKNEY ENGLAND