corner corner All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses an Eye

All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses an Eye
by Christopher Brookmyre | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by juliako of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 4/30/2008

status (set by Safrolistics): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by juliako from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bought for a birthday exchange.

I hope you like it!

Journal Entry 2 by garibaldisghost at on Saturday, May 15, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (5/15/2010 UTC) at

I'm taking this to today's meet-up. If no-one fancies it, I'll leave it on the bookshelves downstairs.

Journal Entry 3 by wingchocdropwing from Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 15, 2010

Picked up at the Nottingham meet-up.

Journal Entry 4 by wingchocdropwing at on Friday, November 19, 2010

Completely implausible plot, but very entertaining romp. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 5 by wingchocdropwing at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 26, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (11/27/2010 UTC) at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending to rainbow3.

Journal Entry 6 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, December 03, 2010

Many, many thanks chocdrop for sending All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses an Eye – Christopher Brookmyre, it arrived yesterday. Destined for my partner in the Not-So-Secret Father Christmas Surprise and, ohhhh I may not have time to read it before I parcel it up to go. Curses it sounds so interesting too! Hey, chocdrop, sweet note-paper with your BC name on it, great acquisition!

From Fantastic Fiction: As a teenager Jane Bell had dreamt of playing in the casinos of Monte Carlo in the company of James Bond, but in her punk phase she'd got herself pregnant and by the time she reaches forty-six she's a grandmother, her dreams as dry as the dust her Dyson sucks up from her hall carpet every day. Then her son Ross, a researcher working for an arms manufacturer in Switzerland, is forced to disappear before some characters cut from the same cloth as Blofeld persuade him to part with the secrets of his research. But they are not the only ones desperate to locate him. A team of security experts is hired by Ross's firm: headed by the enigmatic Bett, his staff have little in common apart from total professionalism and a thorough disregard for the law. Bett believes the key to Ross's whereabouts is his mother, and in one respect he is right, but even he is taken aback by the verve underlying her determination to secure her son's safety as she learns the black arts of quiet subterfuge and violent attack. The teenage dreams of fast cars, high-tech firepower and extreme action had always promised to be fun and games, but in real life it's likely someone is going to lose an eye ...

Journal Entry 7 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 20, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (12/20/2010 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

this book travels in my parcel, to bookcrosser safrolistics, as part of the BookCrossing UK Yahoo Discussion Groups annual book gifting event, the Not So Secret Father Christmas Surprise 2010. It was placed into the 1nd class post today. I’m heading off today for an extended period over Christmas and New Year and am rather behind-hand getting organised for my departure… and knowing I behind-hand on things want to offer apologies if this is actually late! All looking… well, this will arrive in time for opening on the 25 December 10, though factoring in the current UK seasonal hic-ups, I’m hoping my aim is not thwarted. We shall see ;-) Happy Christmas safrolistics

Journal Entry 8 by Safrolistics at Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 26, 2010

Thankyou rainbow3 (and chocdrop), another book of my wishlist along with lots of other delightful things in my NSSS parcel. Hope your secret santa was as good to you!