corner corner The Music Lesson

The Music Lesson
by Katharine Weber | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 4/27/2008

status (set by Kemppu): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Patricia Dolan is alone with a stolen Vermeer painting in an Irish cottage by the sea. How she got here is part of the story she tells: about her father, a Boston cop; the numbing loss of her daughter; and her charming Irish cousin, who has led her to this high-stakes crime."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beautiful, touching, haunting. I pretty much agree with everything this Salon.com review says about the book:

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 08, 2012

Someone has this one their wishlist...

Journal Entry 4 by Lukutoukka at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, June 10, 2012

What a lovely surprise. Thank you, Annimanni, and it was nice to meet you! :)

Journal Entry 5 by Lukutoukka at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, December 20, 2015

I don't know what to say without spoilers, but I think that I can say I really liked this book, and that it's about love for art, but also about hate, obsession, sadness and roots. Thank you for letting me read The Music Lesson, Annimanni! :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingKemppuwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, December 20, 2015

The book was in my surprise gift book at the Christmas party meet-up of Tampere region bookcrossers. I'm not familiar with it, but it seems interesting. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by wingKemppuwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 27, 2018

This was not a bad book, but not really my cup of tea either. Despite all the intense things that happened, it didn't really make me feel anything. I liked the ending, though, the very last paragraph, where we learn Patricia's last secret.

Journal Entry 8 by wingKemppuwing at Karjalanpuisto in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (5/8/2018 UTC) at Karjalanpuisto in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

At the Karjala memorial statue in Karjalanpuisto park by Kalevantie road. With this release I participate in pippis' statue release challenge.