corner corner Dearly Devoted Dexter

Dearly Devoted Dexter
by Jeff Lindsay | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winglmn60wing of Spotswood, Victoria Australia on 4/26/2008

status (set by Mickau): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 26, 2008

Reserved for another bookcrosser who will like this one.... I hope!!!!

From Booklist...
'Dexter, your friendly neighborhood serial killer, is a police department blood-spatter expert who, in his spare time, kills people. Not just anyone, you understand--he only kills other killers, people whom he believes deserve it. Is this because Dexter really has a heart of gold? No, he's a monster (he is the first to admit it), but at least he tries to steer his evil into productive channels. In the second of Lindsay's alliteratively titled thrillers (following last year's Darkly Dreaming Dexter), Dexter's nemesis, Sergeant Doakes, is getting a little too close for comfort, and there is also the matter of a psychopath on the loose. When Dexter's two problems eventually link up . . . well, what's a well-meaning homicidal maniac to do? Dexter, the cheerfully sociopathic crime fighter, is one of mystery fiction's most original, compelling, and oddly endearing heroes. Lindsay digs a little deeper under Dexter's surface this time, showing us a little more about what makes him tick, but readers shouldn't worry. There are volumes still to be written about this gruesomely fascinating character.'

Journal Entry 2 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 05, 2008

received today (as part of the "Southern Cross" book exchange)

thanks very much lmn60 :oD

I read the first Dexter book as a bookring last year, then watched the first season of the TV series a couple of months ago - I loved both versions of the story and I'm really looking forward to reading this next instalment!

Journal Entry 3 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Saturday, August 16, 2008

absolutely fabulous. no psycho-killer should be this much fun.

this book will be travelling next to WA as an RABCK to crimson-tide

Journal Entry 4 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thanks very much for this RABCK, freelunch. I'm organising to get the first Dexter book as part of a trade so I can read them in order. When I listed this one for you I thought it was the first book . . . duh!
Looking forward to reading them.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, January 31, 2009

Both the first of the series and this one have now been read. Great stuff! Easy to read and certainly a very original character. This one builds on the first with development of both some of the secondary characters and Dexter in relation to them, in particular Deb and Cody. His dry, amusing, macabre inner narrative voice did very occasionally strike me as trying to be a bit too much of a smart-ass, but only fleetingly. How on earth do they portray this first person inner narrative on TV?

Thanks again freelunch. Now to be read by the other member of the household, and then off to foxygirlACT as promised.

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/4/2009 UTC) at Balingup, Western Australia Australia

To be posted off to foxygirlACT tomorrow, Thursday 5th. Thanks for your patience.

Journal Entry 7 by foxygirlACT from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Got a surprise book in the post today... and it was perfect timing too!

thanks crimson-tide!!

Journal Entry 8 by foxygirlACT at Australia, Bookbag -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 07, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (5/7/2009 UTC) at Australia, Bookbag -- Controlled Releases

Placed into the Mozette Anything goes bookbag. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

FoxygirlACT

Journal Entry 9 by bekoh from Fern Bay, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

taken from Mozette's Anything Goes book baggie

Journal Entry 10 by bekoh from Fern Bay, New South Wales Australia on Monday, June 08, 2009

Hilarious...I giggled all the way through this.

Journal Entry 11 by bekoh at Brisbane, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 16, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (11/16/2009 UTC) at Brisbane, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases

round 17 offerings

Journal Entry 12 by luckaye from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Thursday, November 19, 2009

Looking forward to reading this one :)

Journal Entry 13 by luckaye from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I couldn't resist so I read Dexter straight away - and am so glad I did :)

Journal Entry 14 by luckaye at Logan City, QLD, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 21, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (12/21/2009 UTC) at Logan City, QLD, By Post -- Controlled Releases

via BookMooch.com

Journal Entry 15 by Mickau on Monday, December 28, 2009

Mooched the book after watching some of the TV series. Have to say the TV version has done a good job of casting the characters true their depiction in the book. Look forward to hunting down the rest of the books in the series.

Journal Entry 16 by Mickau at Killara, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (12/30/2009 UTC) at Killara, New South Wales Australia